Post partum anxiety - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-24-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone-

I found this website while doing a search to find out what is going on with me. I have discovered after looking through lists of sings and symptoms that I am suffering from post partum anxiety. It was triggered while I was drinking with friends at my house a few days ago and since then I feel as if I want to crawl out of my skin. I have itched to bruises in many places on my body, I feel edgy and am now waking in the middle of the night with heart palpations. I do realize that I am not crazy, but I want a healthy way of managing it. Is there anyone out there that can offer some holistic remedies?

Heather

#2 of 4 Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM

I don't know what area you are in, but Well Mama is an organization here in Oregon:

http://wellmama.net/

Even if you live somewhere else, they would be good to chat with any may be able to provide referrals for someone in your area.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#3 of 4 Old 12-26-2012, 12:31 PM

try some sort of fast aborbing B vitamins. That helped me when I had post partum anxiety, and even after when I was dealing with anxiety.

#4 of 4 Old 12-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

CALL YOUR OB!  If you're having panic attacks, it's an acute emergency and you need help now. 

Also, this is gross, but it needs to be thought of:  Is there any chance you have scabies?  The itching to bruises may be psychological, but it can also have a physical cause.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page