Hello!! New Girl Here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I'm new here and as a first time pregnant lady.  I'm 16 weeks pregnant with our first little guy or gal and this site was recommended to me by a friend.  I'm super impressed already!  (Though, as a long winded writer, I'm not so impressed with the 250 character limit in the profile sections!)  So here is the long winded (or more detailed as I'd like to call it) version of me that didn't fit into the profile section.

I'm a 5+ generation French Canadian Vermonter with a strange sense of humor and I'm usually wearing a surly shell.  I'm pregnant with our first babe who is due in mid June.  I suffer from depression and it's one of my biggest challenges this first time around.  I'm compassionate and have been an active citizen for as long as I can remember.  From raking leaves for the elderly in my community as a youngster to teaching english and learning about the affects of war decades later in Vietnam as a college student to volunteering for various events and organizations as an adult.  I live a "Get Involved, Volunteer, Do Good" life model.  Be nice to your neighbor and fellow humans (and all creatures of course) and they will hopefully do the same.  I love to travel and hope to travel western and southern Europe via bike, train and foot some day.  

In my free time like to first and foremost, cook and bake as well as read, craft and listen to music.  I'm learning to play the mandolin and trying to teach myself how to knit and crochet more complicated things then scarves and washcloths!  In Vermont it's 2-3 winter but my favorite season is summer.  I love hot weather and being in the sun.  I like to snowshoe, hike/walk in the woods with the dog while the snow is flying and in the warmer months I have picked up road biking and love to again hike/walk in the woods with the dog (and the husband), wade in the many rivers in our area, garden, frequent the local farmers markets and pick the in season fruits.        

I'm extremely passionate about the food culture and our place in it as consumers and how we can change it for the better.  We live a healthy, natural and nutritious lifestyle and do our best to buy local or all natural food with pure ingredients.  I am vegetarian though I do eat fish (though not recently since it has become repulsive since I got pregnant).  We also make many of the things we used to buy like burger buns, english muffins, granola, tortillas, pie crust, etc.  It's worth the time an effort to know and choose what is going into our food.  One of my personal goals once the baby has arrived, is to still make the time to create healthy food for my family.    
------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading and would love to connect!  Still finding my way around so bare with me for now!

-BakerBetty 

Due with our first little tyke in mid June.  Married my guy of 10 years 8/11.  We live on a farm in VT with our charismatic 6yr old mutt. 

namaste.gif

#2 of 2 Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC! You'll find lots of ideas and support for your parenting goals here.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page