Hello Fellow Mommies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I'm Alicia and I'm new here. I'm actually already in my third trimester (28 weeks 3 days) but I have stayed low key and have not announced to anyone who is not in direct contact with me, because my last pregnancy was a very painful experience.

On May 11, 2012 I lost my baby girl, Arya Eve who was born extremely premature at only 23 weeks gestation. Everything had been going so well at first and then beginning at 18 weeks things started going down hill. I had begun bleeding and my cervix was beginning to shorten and dilate. By week 23 my placenta had separated itself from my uterus and I went into labor. Due to Arya's extreme prematurity she could not sustain life outside of my womb and passed away less than an hour after being born.

My heart was broken and my world felt dark, lonely, and uncertain. My midwife kept a close eye on me and by six weeks my body was back to normal. Everything looked healthy and I even went through one menstrual cycle. She gave us the okay to try again if we wanted and to our wondrous surprise we got pregnant after the very first try!

I never expected to be pregnant again so quickly and as terrified as I was I also felt that I needed to count my blessings and stay positive. So far everything has gone very smoothly and I have had no complications. I only have to get through another 2 1/2 months before baby is here and I am so excited!!!joy.gif

#2 of 3 Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC, Alicia!  I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost a baby girl at 16 weeks pregnant.  It is a very hard thing to deal with.  But I am so happy to hear about your pregnancy!  That is so exciting.  You might want to check out our Pregnancy After Birth Loss Forum. 

#3 of 3 Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you so much!thanks.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page