Hello, i'm new here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I'm new to MDC. I frequently browse the site to read articles and get information on topics that i'm passionate about, but I haven't had the chance to become more involved in the forum until now. I suppose a proper introduction is in order :)

My name is Marilyn, i'm 27 years old, and I live in Orlando, FL. I'm the proud mom of two daughters, Maya is 6 years old (will be 7 on February 21st) and Aliya is 4 years old (will be 5 on March 4th). I'm also pregnant with our 3rd baby, another baby girl who will be named Zaariya and is due on April 2, 2013. This pregnancy has been very different for me, i've been seeing a midwife for prenatal care as opposed to a regular OBGYN as I did with my first two pregnancies. My first two babies were delivered by c-section, Maya was a breech baby and I was not nearly as informed then as I am now about breech deliveries or even last minute tricks to help baby turn at the last minute. I was younger and didn't know any better so I took what I felt was the best route, followed my OB's advice and went with a scheduled c-section at 40 weeks 1 day. Thankfully, there were no complications with the baby or I before, during, or after the c-section, and I had what I considered to be a fairly easy recovery from the surgery. My second baby, Aliya, was born by a repeat c-section because I wasn't informed enough on VBAC's, especially successful ones. I was comfortable with my OBGYN and didn't want to go through the hassle of switching so I agreed to a repeat c-section. Aliya was born by scheduled c-section at 39 weeks 2 days as planned. Again, thankfully there were no complications with the baby or I before, during, or after the c-section, and my recovery was also fairly easy the 2nd time around. After Aliya was born, I became more curious about VBAC's, the success rates, how they work, etc. basically everything about it. I started reading articles, books, birth stories, you name it. I didn't realize the HUGE differences in pro's and con's between VBAC vs. repeat c-sections, especially a 3rd time around. When I found out I was pregnant again this time around, I knew from the get go that I did NOT want to have another c-section. Not because of any issues or real trauma from my previous c-sections (other than the fact that I wasn't able to have my babies with me in recovery and didnt get to see them or nurse them until 2-3 hours post surgery) but because I want so badly to experience what giving birth is like. I've never been in labor, both of my girls were "evicted" so to speak, and it's not that I feel like any less of a woman because of my c-sections (lets face it, my girls were brought into the world safely and thats all that matters at the end of the day) but I never got a satisfaction out of my birth experience, I never got to do things my way, and at this point those are things that are very important to me, while of course keeping the baby's health and my health as a top priority. With that said, I will be attempting a VBA2C at home, assisted by a midwife, and I couldn't be more excited and nervous at the same time. It feels like the right thing to do this time and I trust my body to do what it was created to do. 

Anyway, I apologize for the long novel, but I figured if i'm going to introduce myself I might as well do it completely, right? I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and hopefully meeting other moms that I have things in common with. Some other topics I'm very passionate about are breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and baby wearing. I do vax my kids, on a delayed schedule, and they also attend public school. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Mama!  And congrats to you on your pregnancy. 

I had a homebirth transfer, then c-sect with my DS nearly 3 years ago.  Now I am planning and preparing for a VBAC (not sure this time if we want a homebirth or birth center birth) in late August.  I hope everything goes more smoothly for us this time.  Regardless, I am excited for the chance at a VBAC and to welcome a new baby into the family as well!

Best wishes for your upcoming labor and delivery!  Check out the April Due Date Club for other mamas who are on the same pregnancy schedule as you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page