hi, i am new, i want to talk mostly about empowering women in there decisions to have children and abolishing BIRTH TRAMA/CONTROL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi to all who read

this is a little about me and what i am here to talk about and share, not 100% included, of course this intro may be long.

i am really interested in pregnancy namely since i have been pregnant 5 times, with once a miscarriage and 3 live births with one on the way,

1 planned hospital birth which ended in all the interventions passed the moon just in case because i wasn't in and out within hours, never progressing as much as they wanted,

1 unplanned miscarriage resulting in a 10,000 bill from the hospital, which is quite costly, when i now am assured it is a natural thing and happens, and is a learning experience to say the least in understanding how my body operates and functions, none of the things they did prevented me nor saved me, as i looked over the bill, just a way to make money was all i seen,

1 planned home birth which resulted in a hospital because after my miscarriage i had a preterm baby the medical industry would call it, the midwife wasnt going continue seeing me as she didn't want to involve herself in a baby being born early, decided after laboring most of the day and passing a blood clot, not really listening to my body i went into the hospital nearest and was treated with hostility and disrespect my entire visit/stay there which resulted in an even longer unreasonable stay as the staff wanted to put my baby in the nicu and the pediatrician had to tell the hospital staff more than once that it wasn't necessary that they wanted a home birth, they are okay to go, 

they kept my baby for 4 hours and would not let me see him, and my husband wasn't allowed to see him either as visiting hours were over,

1 planned unassisted pregnancy and birth,

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST THING I COULD EVER IMAGINED, FULL OF LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL PARTICIPANTS THE MOTHER FATHER AND CHILD WERE ONLY PRESENT AND IT WAS THE MOST AWE INSPIRING MOMENT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED, AND I UNDERSTAND WHY IT ISN'T DESIRED IN HOSPITALS,

firstly children are conceived in a sexual act called love, this is not mechanical or hospital required for the most part, only during your sexually active life are told that you need your private parts examined, why, does any one really understand or question,

no because we are actually taught not to question or think beyond what we are told,

1 planned unassisted pregnancy and birth

my initial reaction to pregnancy was almost wrongfully horrified because of the current myths about and indoctrination of pregnancy and birth,

constantly hearing the end result may for what ever reason would result in death, thinking that death would be around the corner at any minute,

sad to say the least, 

what sort of view is that? why is it there?  these are all questions that were constantly in my mind,

of course your told oh your pregnant have you had your doctors appointment yet?  

why are we told we need to go to the hospital,

my understanding you go to the doctor when you are injured or have some sort of unexplainable illness that cannot be treated with natural remedies.

now this age women are being told our bodies will fail us and are we should rely on hospitals to cure us, since when is pregnancy a disease? 

i find it funny how women have been pursued  through media, schools, and hospitals, these are all avenues of profit and if it is realized how many threats are really made towards the choices women make, is dizzying,

statistics are used as justifying the reasons to choose only one choice which is the hospital, and if your choice is otherwise may end in death

i want to talk about real things going on in the world of babies/pregnancy/unassisted birth

thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi! We have pregnancy and birth forums, including a forum on unassisted childhood: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/306/unassisted-childbirth

Welcome :) 

User Tag List