Hello! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!  I am a military brat that has been relocated to the triangle of NC for my husband's work.  I found this site from a vaccine awareness class I have been taking.  I was lamenting about our Pediatrician deciding to no longer see us as patients because we cannot and choose not to vaccinate.  One of the attenders suggested I come on here and see if I could find some help.  The bonus is I am expecting baby #3 in July so finding out tips and techniques from other mommas is a huge plus.  We are a small farming family - we currently have 5 ducks, about 20 chickens and by this fall we should have our very first dairy cow.  I am a "hippie" by my family's standards - I make my own bread, grow my own organic foods (when possible), make my own pastas (someday I'll even grind my own flour and such), we don't watch TV as running a farm requires too much time, we eat nothing processed and are a soy-free home due to our eldest - she has severe allergies and some of them are bad!  I guess I am also "radical" in my family's eyes because I BF on demand, co-sleep with my babies, allow them to wean themselves, oh, and I wear my babies AND cloth diaper them...LOL, for some reason that makes me a bit radical.  So Hello out there, I hope some of you are just as "hippie" as I am!!  LOL  wave.gif

#2 of 3 Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 PM

Welcome! You'll love it here :)  Have you found the Due Date Clubs yet?  You can find some mamas due around the same time. 

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 3 Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Welcome! wave.gif I suspect you'll fit in just fine around here. I think you are not radical at all by the way, fwiw. Yes, I agree with the above poster, the due date clubs are a fabulous forum. I formed a bond with several women when I was preggers with my 7 year old and am still in contact with them today. Again, welcome and enjoy mdc.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page