Am I allowed to....? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry for posting here. I read the FAQs section, & the closest answer I could find was about advertising & posting in a manner “which would bring financial benefit.” However, it doesn’t quite fit my question, since I would not financially benefit.

Here's my question:

I am a doctoral candidate in clinical psychology at the University of Arkansas. I’m working on my dissertation & am wondering if I can post a link about it in the forums. (I just want to make sure not to break any rules or aggravate anyone!) Basically, it's a survey for all women ages 18 & over. Participation is confidential, & participants can be entered into a drawing for one of five Amazon gift cards.

If a moderator sees this, can you please let me know if this is against the rules? And if it's not, are the any certain precautions I need to take?

Thank you...from a fellow parent (birthparent/foster parent/adoptive parent).

Joye

#2 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Hello Joye,

It is fine to post requests for members to take your survey as it is for educational purposes.  You should mention in your post that you are working on your doctorate and this is part of your research.  You may post the survey in up to 5 forums.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck with finishing up your dissertation!

Thanks,

Pokey

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

PERFECT! Thanks so much, Pokey!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page