After a year of TTC, finally a BFP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I am new to this site.. my sister, who I also joke, is my pregnancy guru, recommended this site.. so here I am!

I have been TTC for a year, exactly, to the date. We started trying last June - on my birthday - which is this Sunday! It has been a struggle.  We found out my husband's little swimmers weren't happening.  Thankfully, I seemed fine - though my age, (turning 37) meant I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be fine, therefore all of this started to feel urgent, and I started to feel hopeless.

We started my husband on vitamins, herbs.. still a no go, and no improvement in his swimmers.  He did smoke (being Italian), and I patiently waited and waited for him to quit.  He added acupuncture to his regime, and cut down a great deal on the cigs, but still smoked a little.  Finally, after I basically said, it's me or the cigs, he quit.  That was three weeks ago. Simultaneously, I started a cleanse. No alcohol, no processed sugar, no simple carbs.  Mainly just whole foods, organic, veggies, salads, fish and tofu proteins.. just healthy, healthy, healthy! 

Anyway, we have fertility appointment set up for June 24th, but I had a nagging feeling it was still going to happen naturally, and low and behold! I finally got a BFP!!! It is early (I'm not even late for my period) and the line faint, but it's there!!! I cried when I found out - along with my sis - who was on the phone with me when I found out!

So, here I am. Obviously, it's still early, but I feel optimistic, and am happy to see that our lifestyle changes are working! These docs are so quick to pump you up with drugs! At our first fertility visit, where we found out about the problems with DH's sperm, they were already talking Invetro, and getting me on birth control pills... they never once even mentioned my husbands smoking, nor asked about our diet and lifestyles. Our style of medicine can be so backwards! Sometimes, it's just good ol fashion nutrition and discipline to get you on course.  I am putting good mojo into the universe that this pregnancy will progress and we will finally be parents! And am looking forward to sharing my journey with you guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM

Welcome ghindugirl!  Congratulations on your BFP!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations! Great news and welcome!!

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:32 AM

Congrats.i been ttc for almost 2 years with no luck.i am on clomid been on it for 2 months.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry just responding... Ended up being a chemical.. greensad.gif( temp dropped on the day of my bday and I got my period.. Not even late :/ ... Nt the greatest bday present.... On my TTW again... Can start testing on sat which will be 10 days dpo.. Still quite early.. But having sharp cramping on one side, temp dropped, hoping it's implantation? Fingers crossed.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:40 PM

Hi ghindugil,
I'm new on this sight and saw your post. I'm 37 and trying to get pregnant for the first time! I know the feeling of just getting started at this age! I just started trying a few months ago. I have to s to learn.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending you lots of baby dust!
My period isn't due until 8/18. I did an odvutation kit and it said I was Oing on the 28 of July ( which was super early for me) so now I don't know if my dates are messed up for af to start! I'm so new at this I haven't figured out how all this stuff works!!!
Best of luck to you. smile.gif

User Tag List