Hello! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My name is Molly and I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls. Abigail (March 2011) is my spirited, strong willed, independent go getter. She is the love of my life and my 'Minnie Me'. Riley (April 2013) is my fighter. She was born 7 weeks early with Down Syndrome and a congenital heart defect. We spent 79 days in the NICU and just recently came home. She has gone through more than I ever have in my 32 years. She has a gtube (feeding tube into her belly) and is not eating on her own. I was able to nurse Abigail until I got pregnant with Riley and am struggling with not being able to do it with Riley. I am exclusively pumping but do not let down for a pump so I only get about 2 oz per pump, as long as I go 3 hours or longer. I have tried herbs and medicines but still cannot get more. I am hoping after her heart surgery in September she will be able to latch on and start nursing.
I love to baby wear and am trying to get Riley to enjoy it. Since she spent so much time in the NICU she don't like to be held tightly or get hot.
In my past life I was an elementary teacher for 8 years. I most likely will not go back to work and am considering homeschooling the girls.
My husband and I have been married for 8 years and have been through a lot. We are working on our relationship again since getting out of the NICU. For 79 straight days we were never in the same room for more than an hour or so because we had to balance being at the NICU and home with Abigail.
I am hoping to get some support and find other Mamas to talk to about what we are experiencing and find out that my 2 year old isn't the only one throwing fits and yelling and screaming all day long.[IMG][IMG]
#2 of 2 Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

WOW! It sounds like you got a fighter! Good for you guise! I would suggest going to this area and checking with the members http://www.mothering.com/community/f/157/special-needs-parenting They are hugely knowing about special needs parenting. Here is where you can get info on breastfeeding and support with that http://www.mothering.com/community/f/27/breastfeeding

Good luck!

2toughgirls likes this.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page