Still a mother - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-25-2013, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, everyone.  I may be in the wrong place. I was looking for parents of homeless adult children.  In my search, I saw a post from someone on this site looking for others whose parents are homeless.  I don't see a category that fits my problem (perhaps Grief and Loss?).  

I am 64 years old, married for 43 years.  I am a psychologist and our daughter is also a psychologist. My husband owns his own business.  We adopted our son when he was 2 months old.  I won't give too much history because you might want to redirect me to another site. I will just say for now that he is 37 years old, has been homeless much of his adult life and in and out of jail for trespassing, public intoxication, petty larceny.  I've gotten a lot of support from Families Anonymous over the years.  I was really hoping to hear from others who are in similar situations.  

Thank you for listening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-25-2013, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Tricia. I'm sure you will be welcomed here. I would try cross posting this in Personal Growth or Parenting. I hope you find some understanding and support in your situation.

Welcome!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#3 of 3 Old 08-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Hi and Welcome.

That sounds like a really tough situation.hug2.gif

I would say Grief and Loss, Personal Growth or Parenting would all be good places to post.  

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page