Hi =) New on here, 3rd pregnancy with twins and totally clueless - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone =)  We are expecting twins in a couple months, on top of having a 5 yr old and 1.5 year old...  We werent expecting to have a ny more just yet, but here we are, and totally unprepared.  I stay at home with the kids while my husband tries to find work, and I really have no idea how we are going to take care of 2 new babies.  We dont have any cloth diapers that will fit newborns, and I am getting more and more stressed as my due date gets closer.  Does anyone have any tips for raising newborn twins with 2 kids at home?  How do you diaper them with no steady income and take care of them with you have 2 other children who constantly need something as well?  I dont have any family to help me out, or friends with kids, and without a perminant housing address cant get support from my local welfare office (tried and was denied).... anyway, sorry to unburden myself like this, I just wish I was one of those moms who could enjoy pregnancy and motherhood instead of always having to stress about it...

#2 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 07:07 AM

Welcome and congrats

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#3 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Hi and Welcome to Mothering!!

I don't have any answers for you but I want to point you to our Parenting Multiples forum.  The ladies in there are super knowledgeable and will have great info for you. :)  You should join a Due Date Club as well! 

I hope you get some good feedback. :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I will check it out

#5 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

If you are on facebook, check to see if there is a local or regional free swap page or online yardsale in your area. Those are very helpful for finding cheap baby items like cloth diapers. There are other ways to get what you need but that is one I rely on. Good luck!

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS R ('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting a brand new baby(Maybe a... GIRL?!) in January 2015.
#6 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks =)  I dont use facebook, but I will still look for a local or regional freeswap...

Im still really struggling here, Im 36 weeks pregnant, and am told the twins could come as early as next week, which is really freaking me out.  I have nowhere for them to sleep, my husband still has not gotten any work, and I just want to cry all the time.  I have no energy for my kids and I feel that it is so unfair to them. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page