Single mother of 9month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I am a single mother of a nine month old baby girl. I found this site in my search for info on cloth diapering. Maybe someone could give me some pointers if where to start! Some good brands? Tips an pointers..
#2 of 2 Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome!  I am sure there are many others with good cloth diaper tips.  We bought most of our diapers used on Craigslist (we are really frugal), so we have a big variety.  My favorite diapers are the ones with snaps that can fits for all ages (I hope).  My baby is now 10 months.  The 3 brands I like best in order of favorites are Bum Genius, AlvaBaby and Fuzzibuns.  I really hated G diapers, or really any diaper with Velcro.  Now that my lo is eating solids we use Bummis liners before his BM so that I do not have the spray the diapers.  I wash my diapers with a mixture of Oxiclean, Washing Soda and Borax.  I do a rinse cycle and then throw in other dirty laundry on regular.  If they start to stink I strip them with Blue dawn and 2 hot long wash cycles.  I hang them to dry outside.  

If I were starting over with cloth diapers:  

I would not buy any with Velcro-it wears out quickly and is harsh on baby skin

I would buy more planet wise wet bags for dirty diaper storage

I would buy a diaper sprayer for the toilet

Buy a variety of diapers to find which one you like best

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

V + E=baby G in 2012.  Rural Midwestern homesteaders going back to their roots.

“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” -Paulo Coelho 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page