First Time Mom - Due in early December - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, I'm a first time mom and heard about this site from my sister (mother of 2). She suggested I might like it/find it more relevant than babycenter.com. And from the little I've been browsing, I'm pretty sure she's correct.

I'm 32 and live in Sonoma County with my husband (he'll be 32 at the end of Nov) We are both from NH originally and have lived in MA, CO, CA, UT, and TN collectively. We are what I like to call "reasonable vegans" rather than the militant type. Food is a personal journey that everyone is on, and I believe that not everyone should be vegan, but that everyone should make responsible, thoughtful food choices. We try and teach by example. But if you ask me questions, I do tend to get up on my soap box. Whole food, plant based. :-) We try and make environmentally and socially responsible choices about the things we purchase, and companies we choose to buy from. We believe that you "vote" with your dollars. Spiritually, we used to attend UU services when we were in SLC, UT (2007-2009) and LOVED our minister and community there, but haven't really found a community of UU's here that we feel comfortable/at home with. We are very environmentally conscious and LOVE the outdoors. We sea kayak, climb, hike, camp, bike, etc.

We moved to the west coast a little over a year ago for my husband's job and have had some difficulty finding "our people". Though we are loving the area, all of our family is back east, so it's been hard to be expecting our first baby so far from family.

We plan to have a natural child birth with as few interventions as possible, to cloth diaper, try out co-sleeping, and breastfeed. I'm interested in attachment parenting, but we'll see what works for our kiddo.

Also, I'm an actor. I've done many films (mostly small independent shorts, but a few feature length films too) and loads of theatre. I haven't been doing too much since becoming pregnant, but plan to get back to it as soon as I feel ready.

Hoping to meet some like-minded people. :-)
pokeyac likes this.
#2 of 2 Old 10-29-2013, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/48/december-2013-due-date-club

Welcome to Mothering Pixiebeach! We are so glad you are here. Congratulations on your pregnancy! You may want to check out the Due Date Club for December to talk with other moms due at the same time. The link is above.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page