Trying to conceive #1 naturally with a PCOS diagnosis. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-03-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone,

I'm new. My name is Marissa, and I'm going to be 23 at the end of the month. My husband is 25, and we just had our 3rd anniversary last month. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome when I was 20, but I think I've had it since I was 14. I'm pretty sure I've been anovulatory until recently, after seeing my naturopathic doctor (ND) and being on herbal supplements. He did some muscle testing and determined my pituitary gland, which is the master gland, wasn't producing enough hormone to keep the rest of my endocrine system functioning properly. He also found that my adrenals were shot. He put me on Total GHR and Drenatrophin PMG, and within a week, I ovulated. That was last cycle. I've since then had AF and ovulated again, and I'm now 8 DPO. Hoping this is my month! I'm not sure if there are any other women here who are TTC, but I thought I'd join anyway. I want to learn as much as I can before I become a mom. 

#2 of 4 Old 11-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awesome ovulating!!!!! Good luck, i hope you get a nice and pretty BFP soon:)

Momma of 6 beautiful boys.4 stolen, one buried, one a grown man.(20) Starting life again, TTC.
#3 of 4 Old 11-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Good luck to you! hope to see you over on the "Trying to Conceive" thread 

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#4 of 4 Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Hi and Welcome to Mothering!!!

There are lots of women Trying To Conceive here!! Our TTC forum is pretty dang active, and super supportive. :) There are also lots of women with PCOS (myself included) and a lot of knowledge.  It sounds like you are on a good road now!  Good luck!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page