Laura - new to Utah - first time Mom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-05-2013, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, my name is Laura and I am ten weeks pregnant as of the beginning of November 2013. I am 24 years old, and am currently working as a legal secretary for the Guardian ad Litem's office after finishing a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. I grew up on farms in California and Oregon. We live on half an acre and my dream is to have my POA pony "April" and a LaMancha milk goat join us next year.

My husband and I have been married for a year, and I am so excited to have our first Skid kid. I was impatient to get started with our family but my husband wanted to finish his bachelor's in Civil Engineering, and we wanted to take a month-long trip to Europe together - which we did in May mdcblog5.gif theskidkids@blogspot.com We saw a lot of historical sites, visited seven different countries, spent time with old friends from my study abroad, and had some great marriage bonding time.

The farming/ranching experience has given me an empowered feeling around birth as I have assisted hundreds of births in the barn. I have elected to use a midwife and do a home-birth, with labor in water. I am grateful my husband is supportive and also excited about "junior" becoming a part of our lives. Europe uses midwifery very well and has a much lower infant mortality rate than we do in the U.S. Also, being from Oregon, the Oregonian home birth rate is about twice the national average, so I have a lot of friends who are proponents of the idea.
#2 of 2 Old 11-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

Hi and Welcome to Mothering!!!  

And hello fellow Oregonian! :)  Make sure you join a Due Date Club.  You might also be interested in our Homebirth forum, as well as our Country Living forum.

Where are you in Oregon?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page