Newbie single mom from 13 yrs of verbal abuse and cheating. I found my strength to say no more. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-19-2013, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

Im new here and will probably be requiring a lot of advice as Im from another country and the closest side of my family is there so its been a difficult transition to deal with alone.

Anyway, wanted to say hello from GA and look forward to getting tougher and wiser on this long journey ahead. Oh I have one 9 yr old boy who has been my rock through all of this so far, but of course its he who I worry for the most. Anyway, big hugs to all the other single Im looking forward to getting to know you all. - Kerry

#2 of 5 Old 12-19-2013, 07:04 AM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering dot com!

Congratulations on getting free. I have been in your position, years ago, and I know it is hard but so worth it!

Browse the forums around here, and make some new friends! I know you will find support and friendship.

All the best to you and your son.:grouphug

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#3 of 5 Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 AM

how did you find the strength and courage to leave?

#4 of 5 Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 AM

...and congratulations =)

#5 of 5 Old 12-19-2013, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, but I did not leave, I stopped having any intimacy with him. Cut him off completely and told him I no longer was in love with him. From that point the arguments got worse until one day he he had my son crying, that was the turning point of knowing it will never end and I was staying in it for all the wrong reasons. Id rather see my child happy than to grow up around his temper and our constant arguing.

So he went out one night to a friends, got drunk and passed out and did not come home til the next day, so for the first time I put my frustrations out on face book about it. He went nuts about that part and moved out the next day by his own accord. I did not stop him. Approx 5 weeks later he tried to run me off the road after I caught him pouring water in my gas tank and told him I was moving on and he needed to also, even though I had been repeating to him for the longest time I dont see him with me in the future. Anyway, that caused the TPO and now he cant come near me or the house for a year. Not only was it granted to me because he admitted to putting holes in the walls and doors with his fist but he proceeded to argue with the judge about the contact person I had arranged so he could still get to see his son. The judge did not like that part as it showed how he was putting his temper with me over the needs of his child. 

Those TPO's are pretty lethal papers. Its a hard thing to go through but Im telling you, if your scared of your partner, and you have just cause and evidence of the reason of why you are scared ... get one filed ASAP. It will help you in the long run also with anything they try and throw at you after the fact too. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page