HI there, newby here. Single Mom of two girls - 2,5. "Say turkey-fart!" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there Mothering community,

I have greatly enjoyed reading through so many forums today and don't know why I didn't do this earlier.... I am a single, working Mom in my 30's with 2 girls -- 2 and 5. I joined this on-line community to learn from all of you and navigate through parenthood.

I am from Oklahoma and came to Colorado for school when I was 19. I fell in love with the state and married a man I met while in college. We were a great team for many years, married and had 2 babies. We all change and unfortunately I think he and I grew apart shortly after the birth of our first child. Shortly after the birth of our 2nd I found out that he was having an affair with the Daycare Director of the children's school. Fast-forward now 2 years later I am divorced and have learned a lot!! I am a Christian and believe that God has put a number of fantastic people along my path as teachers and angels. My girls are doing great and I am learning and growing each and everyday. The journey has been tough but I am a different person having walked it.

I work in marketing and love wine, running, coffee, travel and music. I am doing my best to live life with few regrets, make a positive impact on this world and be a good roll model to my girls. Turkey-fart is a phrase my photographer friend has used to get my girls to laugh and smile during our family photos.

I hope to learn from all of you as well as to share some lessons learned and offer my mama wisdom. Thank you for inviting me into your computer and I look forward to learning and growing together.

Best, aButtefly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Hello and Welcome to Mothering!  I'm glad you found us!

Make sure you check out our Colorado forum, and out Single Parenting forum.  Let us know if you need any help finding anything at all.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

User Tag List