Could I be pergnant with a IUD in?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-18-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone, I am a mother of 2 handsome boys age 4 years and almost 2 years old :)  I've had this copper T IUD in for a little over one year now, and I am finding myself feeling like I'm pergnant again. My husband and I had sex a couple of days before my period started, and it's now two weeks after I had my period but I'm still bloated and have been salivating every day. I am getting a sharp pain in my right side, whitch is the same side that I felt the IUD open up on. Now the Dr. who put it in says you can't feel it go in, but I felt something! I am waiting to see if I start my period next month to take the perg test, and I'm testing even if I do start..after reading some stories on here and other sites that really get you thinking!! Another thing I've noticed is my 2 year ( in 2 months..lol ) has been more cleingy to me, whitch I found with my 4 year when I got pergnant the 2nd time. It is possible he is just not feeling well, but then how do you expain the salivating? I guess a trip to the Dr's I have to go.

Did anyone else feel thier IUD open up in them when inserted? Or am I crazy..lol

#2 of 3 Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 AM

2 days before the start of your period isn't a fertile time. If that was the only time that cycle, I wouldn't be concerned. (I wouldn't be all that concerned anyway. It is possible to have an IUD fail, but the risk is pretty darn low.) But the sharp pain would be concerning to me... I'd discuss that with your doc. I did have an IUD and I did feel it go in, but I didn't feel pains long afterwards, only some cramping the day of. 

#3 of 3 Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your post. Maybe my body is telling me it does not want it there, so I think I will get it removed

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page