Elimination communication while out - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some back story: (sorry for so long)

Started EC with son around 7 weeks old, very part-time. Around 6 months old and when he started to crawl really cut down on trying so much because we kept missing so many and my mom has carpeted floors and I kept seeing the look on her face every time he did so. I still tried to make sure that he would get some diaper-free time everyday and this resulted in us being able to catch most all of his poops on the pot but only pees by chance.

Flash forward to about 5 days ago. Son and I both get a cold and decide to bunker down in the house and snuggle until it passes. I have ample time to allow him to be diaper free and do so completely for the entire day. For some reason I decided to stop bringing the potty out into whatever room he was in but instead ask when I had to go or when I thought he had to (very obvious with pulling at his penis) and leave the bathroom door open and when he has to go, he will walk into the bathroom and stand in front of the potty for me to put him on. We are catching ALL potties while in the house, including at night when I leave him diaper-free and keep the potty at the end of the bed and he wakes up around 2 times to go. Also catching perfectly with pants on (was thinking it was just because he was naked). And he is starting to hold because the one that I "missed" was only really a half miss because I took him after I noticed he was done doing it not on the potty and then put him on and he peed more.

So because we are doing really well, I'd like to keep the momentum going but I need advice on how to go about it while starting to go out and about. We use cloth diapers. Like say if we go to a play group, should I bring his potty? Should I just wait for when he has to go and bring him to the public one? Also, should I put him in a diaper and then take it off when he has to go or just be free in pants and bring a couple extra ones for if there is a miss?

I hope others can help with their experiences getting started ECing while out.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Hi and welcome.
Listen please copy paste your post and post it in the c elimination forum... You are in introductions
Here
http://www.mothering.com/community/f/227/elimination-communication
And by the way I carried that dang potty everywhere:)
#3 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figured out that I did that right afterwards but I didn't know how to delete it...?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page