I'm a mom at last! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 03-04-2014, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hello.  After 10 years of marriage, by the grace of God, DH and I finally welcomed our daughter.  I started out on fertility and adoption forums, where I learned a lot and shared a lot about our journey of infertility and adoption fall-throughs and false starts. Then I spent a few years on a Christian infertility forum because I didn't like the way human embryos were discussed as expandable on the fertility forum.  Now that I am finally a mom, I'm tired of being reminded of the journey that brought us here.  I'm on the other side now, and I want to focus on being a mommy at last!

My daughter was born at home at 38 weeks and 2 days.  It was a planned homebirth, but it didn't live up to my expectations.  I'll save the details for another thread.

We had an awful time getting breastfeeding started.  If it weren't for DH's 6 weeks home with us, she would've definitely been on full time formula in no time.  Long story short, nipple pain --> nipple damage --> mastisis --> breast abscesses / three weeks on antibiotics --> yeast infection --> new nipple pain.  Finally, lactation consultant suggests OTC probiotics and biotin which I've been on for a month now, and thankfully we are full-time on the breast!

We love attachment parenting, though I'd say we follow a hodge podge of approaches.  "Green" disposables at night and on outings, cloth diapers the rest of the time.  We also started elimination communication at about 6 weeks, and it's grown into a pretty regular thing we do.  But the lack of sleep is causing me to rethink what's best.  Essentially, that's what's led me here.  I'd like to swap what works with the combo of co-sleeping, BF, part time EC.  

Looking forward to getting to know fellow mamas whenever I get a moment to use both hands on the computer!  :)

K

Happily married to Alex
SAHM to Maya, born 11/25/13 
Pet parents to 

My blog: http://hodgepodgeparenting.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 509 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Nice to meet you and welcome!