ADHD mom of 3 girls, I'm always angry, I want to give up...oh and I'm pregnant again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found this site because I was laying in bed in tears about my kids and my life and decided to go online and see what I could find. So here I am. I'm 25yrs old. I have 3 girls, 8yrs, 3yrs, and 1yr and I'm expecting in 7 months. My husband works long shifts at the mill, when he is home he is amazing. 

I recently discovered I have ADHD. Which was a good thing to find out because I'm using all the self help tips to get organized and have better time management and what not... but I cannot find ANYTHING on parenting. 

My ADHD struggles are this: no consistancy, impatience, quick temper that escalates fast (and comes down fast too), impulsivity, disconnection with other people, inability to be "predictable" and "like clock work". 

How much of this relates to parenting? ALL OF IT! How in the hell am I supposed to raise 3 almost four kids who are very challenging when I can't even do my dishes?????? Or put away my laundry?? 

MY 3 yr old daughter has ADHD as well... she's aggressive, defiant, unreasonable, intense, angry, funny, always active, really really sensitive, detaches herself and more. Our "disorders" combined always turn into a really big mess. And yes I have spanked her... and cried afterwards. I don't know waht to do! What would you do if your 3 yr old who is so sweet suddenly turns around and claws your one yr olds face? Or tells her sister she hates her? We never speak like that and she says the nastiest things I don't understand where she gets it... or why shes so angry... Some days I honestly think about checking myself in a mental institution.... I just want someone to help me!!! Please anybody!!!! I have no support, no relief, no friends with kids...... I am going insane here I am SO damn tired all the time and I want to be  a good mom I really do. I want to get up early and organize the day and ahve everything laid out and take my 3 yr old to the park for "green time" and use signals with her instead of negative words, and dedicate 3 hours a week to her therapy and also volunteer at my 8yr olds school and take my baby to a play group....

but I can't even do my own damn dishes without getting overwhlemed........ I am really fading fast here. If there is ANYONE out there who can realate and has gotten themselves out of a similar situation. Please I'm begging you to help me. I really can't do this anymore... and I'm afraid that I might just leave.... or lose it.... or snap or really truly break down....  anybody.

Thank you. 

#2 of 2 Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there, 

welcome to mothering.com :). You'll find a whole bunch of likeminded people here. I am a woman with ADHD, my H has ADHD and two of my kids are diagnosed with ADHD, My DD2 is very active ... :eyesroll - I am expecting number four (who apparently does not sleep while in the womb ...) in a couple of weeks. 

Life is exhausting! I could get my dishes done (I am sick right now, so not at the moment, anyway) - but it's just so mindblowing boring! there are so many squirrels running through my life, (and the others see them, too) - so here in this house life is more than a little bit crazy. 

Our pastor visited me the other day, kind of complaining that we don't engage in church life enough, and I explained it, that our life is kind of like living in the eye of a hurricane. there is no possible chance for us to ever see what is going on on the other side of the hurricane ;)

I don't know if he got it. Generally, people don't. 

I have a quick temper, too, but I calm down quickly,too, and I think I am a gentle person in general. I cannot stand boredom though, and this pregnancy is quite hard on me, with all this lying around ... 

So, welcome,the special needs forum is the one where you can find help concerning your LOs. 

loveandlaundry likes this.

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page