Hello All! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-10-2014, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I learned about this website from Mayim Bialik's blog at Kveller.com.  I wish I had known about this website three years ago when I first became pregnant with my now two-year old son.  I am currently expecting my second child (a girl) and she's due on April 24th.  I'm excited that I have this resource available now!

--Noemi

#2 of 5 Old 04-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay!  Welcome Noemi!  It isn't too late to join the April due date club if that sounds fun to you.  http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/54/april-2014-due-date-club

And of course all the great toddler sections!  - http://www.mothering.com/community/f/17511/toddler

Let a moderator know if you have any questions as you get acquainted with the site :)

Margo

lunanite1979 likes this.
#3 of 5 Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much Margo!  I've been exploring the website, so I'm slowly getting familiar with it.  I will definitely ask questions if I need guidance.  

#4 of 5 Old 04-14-2014, 01:47 AM

Hello Noemi, welcome to our community. I'm Alex, pleased to meet you.

#5 of 5 Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM

Hi everyone, 

I am a new member and find this so refreshing that there is a place for all mothers to speak and discuss their insecurities, questions, joys and what have you. . .

I became a mother almost two years ago and although it was the most wonderful thing to have happened, it was also the most scary and unwittingly nerve racking experience of my life.  To this day I have decided there will never be a time when questions will stop running marathons through my mind and rather than keeping them locked away now I can share them as well as contribute to others my unexplained craziness of being a mother. 

I came across this page because I was questioning a technique that I was doing myself to help my son get to sleep which included a bear hug and a few screams but eventually he would fall asleep.  Sometimes he wanted it and sometimes he didn't but most of the time he needed it.  I was afraid that I was doing damage to him. . . don't know what but saw that it was helping so I found myself here for confirmation or suggestions.  I found women with the same situation and describing exactly what I was experiencing most nights and it turns out that I'm ok.  He needs the sensory experience to sleep which makes so much sense.

Parenting is so charmingly chaotic and I love that this is here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page