Hello from an older 1st time mum in Thailand! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night I was googling reviews on The Sleep Lady book and ended up staying on this site for hours. It has such a different feel from babycenter.com and the bump.com. I think I have found what I'm looking for!

My main issues right now are whether to vaccinate or not and sleeping. So I look forward to reading thoughts from other mums.

I am an American expat living in Phuket, Thailand married to a Swede with a lovely 14 week old girl named Harper. It's difficult to get the support I'm looking for in Thailand because it's a different world here. Mothers ride around on motorbikes with their newborns on their laps and the 3 siblings behind her. The idea of not vaccinating is completely ridiculous to them. And the thought of finding BPA free bottles is just silly. So needless to say it is a struggle to care for my baby the way I would like to.

I will be going home to California for the month of May so I am hoping to get some great tips on products that I should bring back to Phuket with me.

I am a 1st time mum and as my thai doctor kept telling me a "very old lady pregnant"! Harper was born 3 days after my 43rd bday. I feel like I really should have done this earlier. It's been over 3 months and my body aches so badly. I have no energy and I feel like I aged 10 years in the past year. But I am thrilled to have this little smunchkin in our life!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-13-2014, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Wow whjert!! Welcome!! So glad you found us!!
Have you tried taking arnica for soreness? Sounds like you might also need some adrenal support to help with the fatigue. 

Here are some forums that might be helpful for ya:

Mamas in your area http://www.mothering.com/community/f/108/far-east

Vax info http://www.mothering.com/community/f/47/vaccinations

Sleep http://www.mothering.com/community/f/37/co-sleeping-and-the-family-bed

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#3 of 3 Old 04-14-2014, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello whjert! Welcome to the forums and our community. I am sure you will receive valuable information and support. The mothers here are very caring and experienced. :)

Alex

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page