New Member - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2014, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, 

I am a new member and find this so refreshing that there is a place for all mothers to speak and discuss their insecurities, questions, joys and what have you. . .

I became a mother almost two years ago and although it was the most wonderful thing to have happened, it was also the most scary and unwittingly nerve racking experience of my life.  To this day I have decided there will never be a time when questions will stop running marathons through my mind and rather than keeping them locked away now I can share them as well as contribute to others my unexplained craziness of being a mother. 

I came across this page because I was questioning a technique that I was doing myself to help my son get to sleep which included a bear hug and a few screams but eventually he would fall asleep.  Sometimes he wanted it and sometimes he didn't but most of the time he needed it.  I was afraid that I was doing damage to him. . . don't know what but saw that it was helping so I found myself here for confirmation or suggestions.  I found women with the same situation and describing exactly what I was experiencing most nights and it turns out that I'm ok.  He needs the sensory experience to sleep which makes so much sense.

Parenting is so charmingly chaotic and I love that this is here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Abigail! I'm new too and kinda puffy backing your post... I can't seem to find the new post button..... I'm mobile and everything looks funny
Old 04-15-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Welcome Abigaile & Asimplefreak!! You've found a great group here!

Some threads/forums you may find helpful:

Mamas in your area http://www.mothering.com/community/f/76/moms-in-your-area

All things toddler http://www.mothering.com/community/f/17511/toddler

Sleep http://www.mothering.com/community/f/37/co-sleeping-and-the-family-bed

Have fun exploring & meeting other mamas!

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

User Tag List