Hello Friends :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to say hello! ūüôč

My name is Kristi and I'm turning 30 next month. I've read mothering.com for awhile, as it is the most aligned with what I hope for how I give birth and how I raise my future children. I'm not a mama yet (hope that's ok!), but since my DH and I have started to plan for our growing family, I figured I could finally join the forum! I am so excited to meet you all.

kristi, 29 years old.treehugger.gif married to eric 8.17.13. heartbeat.gif looking forward to being a mama.femalesling.GIF
#2 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 PM

Hello :)

Welcome to Mothering. It's a sweet community, though I am new here and still trying to find the right niche for me. I hope you will settle in and get support and find friendship with other mums. I'm Alex from the UK, 17 this June and have a daughter who will be 4 years old the day after mine. Here's wishing you a happy Easter weekend. :)

#3 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Alex! Happy Easter to you as well. This is the first year that I won't be celebrating with my entire family. Just me, DH and the furbabe.

What's your daughters name?

kristi, 29 years old.treehugger.gif married to eric 8.17.13. heartbeat.gif looking forward to being a mama.femalesling.GIF
#4 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadance84 View Post

Thanks, Alex! Happy Easter to you as well. This is the first year that I won't be celebrating with my entire family. Just me, DH and the furbabe.

What's your daughters name?

My daughter's name is Juniper, after a beautiful coniferous plant. :) Sorry you're away from family this Easter, but I hope you and yhour DH have a great weekend together.

Do you like gardening?

#5 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post

My daughter's name is Juniper, after a beautiful coniferous plant. smile.gif Sorry you're away from family this Easter, but I hope you and yhour DH have a great weekend together.

Do you like gardening?

What a lovely name! I really love children's names that come from nature.

I have to admit, I don't have much experience with gardening but I love it! We moved to an apartment in October with outdoor space, so we have been working to clean it up and get it ready for planting. I ordered some morning glory seeds last week.

I'm hoping to purchase some flowers and plants in the upcoming weeks. So exciting!

#6 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:

What a lovely name! I really love children's names that come from nature.

I have to admit, I don't have much experience with gardening but I love it! We moved to an apartment in October with outdoor space, so we have been working to clean it up and get it ready for planting. I ordered some morning glory seeds last week.

I'm hoping to purchase some flowers and plants in the upcoming weeks. So exciting!

Somewhere on the site is a gardening forum where you could pick up useful tips. If your outdoor space is limited, grow beans in containers or if you have a sunny position in your apartment or out on the patio away from drafts, a kumquat plant. Its lovely fruit can be made into jam opr even sweet-pickled, though the fruits are bitter as "Juni" found out last year and screwed her little nose up! :rotflmao  Morning glory plants are pretty, also clematis but don't get a montana as it can grow rampant as much as 40' over time.

Are you and DH planning anything for tomorrow and Easter Monday? Depending on our UK's weather (tomorrow is forecasted to be wet), I'll be coppicing.

#7 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post

Somewhere on the site is a gardening forum where you could pick up useful tips. If your outdoor space is limited, grow beans in containers or if you have a sunny position in your apartment or out on the patio away from drafts, a kumquat plant. Its lovely fruit can be made into jam opr even sweet-pickled, though the fruits are bitter as "Juni" found out last year and screwed her little nose up! ROTFLMAO.gif   Morning glory plants are pretty, also clematis but don't get a montana as it can grow rampant as much as 40' over time.

Are you and DH planning anything for tomorrow and Easter Monday? Depending on our UK's weather (tomorrow is forecasted to be wet), I'll be coppicing.

Thanks for the ideas. I don't think I've ever tried a kumquat! Poor Juni! Haha.

I'm definitely going to look into growing some veggies. I also got some window containers to brighten up the front of our brownstone.

No major plans. My DH is a hockey fan so there is a big playoff game tomorrow that we will watch. Other than that, we will eat, relax and enjoy the last day of our spring break before we go back to work (we are both pre-k teachers at the same school).

Hope you have a lovely day!

#8 of 12 Old 04-20-2014, 02:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the ideas. I don't think I've ever tried a kumquat! Poor Juni! Haha.

I'm definitely going to look into growing some veggies. I also got some window containers to brighten up the front of our brownstone.

No major plans. My DH is a hockey fan so there is a big playoff game tomorrow that we will watch. Other than that, we will eat, relax and enjoy the last day of our spring break before we go back to work (we are both pre-k teachers at the same school).

Hope you have a lovely day!

I was hoping to have a lovely day, but the weather is wet though Mark has gone to Silverstone to race Bentleys. :eyesroll It's what I call a man's thing, ya know? Men and sheds and then there's men and cars, but I expect he's already in his element competing among his peers. Loves a bit of a challenge,  though racing cars is not for me and especially not in wet weather. But I've got Vicki here. Vicki is my new found friend and I think - she's going to be a keeper. :)

The price of vegetables in UK supermarkets is extorionate! This is why I grow our own. I've devised a fairly slug-proof method of growing drawf beans and that's growing them in bags attached to posts. So far, all's good. And prevents Juni's little fingers from picking them, the piglet!

So you and your DH have a GR8 day. Happy Easter! :thumb 

#9 of 12 Old 04-22-2014, 04:42 AM

Hello for me, my name is Ekaterina, I'm happy to be here! 

#10 of 12 Old 04-22-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatterina View Post

Hiya, welcome aboard!  :)

#11 of 12 Old 04-23-2014, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome Mamadance! Of course you're welcome here! We have lots of mama hopefuls, myself included! :love

Here's the link to the gardening forum that @Spiderpig mentioned http://www.mothering.com/community/f/10/gardening

You might also like to join one of the trying to conceive threads, you'll get lots of support there on your journey http://www.mothering.com/community/f/178/trying-to-conceive

Spiderpig and mamadance84 like this.

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#12 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatterina View Post

Hello, @ekatterina!  Welcome! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

Welcome Mamadance! Of course you're welcome here! We have lots of mama hopefuls, myself included! :love

Here's the link to the gardening forum that @Spiderpig mentioned http://www.mothering.com/community/f/10/gardening

You might also like to join one of the trying to conceive threads, you'll get lots of support there on your journey http://www.mothering.com/community/f/178/trying-to-conceive

@prescottchels  Thanks so much for the gardening link! Happy to meet you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page