New member introduction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a 25 year old female who lives in South Central Washington State. I am married to my wonderful husband (known him for 6 years, married for 2 and a half) and we have two children together. Our son is almost 4 and a half years old, and our daughter turned one on Easter Sunday =) I am a stay-at-home mom who takes care of the house and our children while homeschooling, gardening, and learning to sew cloth diapers and children clothing. We cloth diaper, use mama cloth (and the cup!), recycle/upcycle/reuse and basically look for anyway to be more economical while being earth friendly. We use essential oils and homeopathy as the cornerstone of our "medicine cabinet" and I make my own homemade tinctures, infused oils, and salves. We practice full term breastfeeding, baby led weaning, and baby wearing. We also believe that cosmetic bodily modifications should not be performed on infants/children until they are old enough to give consent for themselves (circumcision, ear-piercing, etc.)
My first birth was a hospital birth with my son, and while I delivered vaginally it was a traumatic and damaging experience. It took 3 and a half years and the perfect, almost painless homebirth of our daughter to finally heal the hurts that I had carried with my since the birth of our son. I still remember them, of course, but they no longer haunt me the way they did before. My husband says that our daughter's birth was the most amazing thing he's ever seen, and he would love to be able to experience another birth like that . . . which works out great for us, as we would love to have a larger family =D

Anyway, I can't really think of anything else to say right now, but I'm always willing to answer any questions or talk about any aspect of our life with interested people. I hope to find this a wonderful and safe place to talk about any and everything having to do with being a mother <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Welcome Rainbowhippymum!! You've definitely found the right place here :thumb

Here's a few forums to get you started:

Mamas in your area http://www.mothering.com/community/f/97/washington-oregon-idaho

All things toddler http://www.mothering.com/community/f/17511/toddler

Childhood years http://www.mothering.com/community/f/65/the-childhood-years

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page