2Likes
  • 1 Post By JamieCatheryn
  • 1 Post By BlessedOne

#1 of 7 Old 06-30-2014, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First and Scared!

This will be my first. I know nothing at all and I am terrified. My boyfriend is great but Im unsure. Ive been to my appointments and dont know what to think. Im 20 years old and didnt plan on getting pregnant.

I need some advice on eeverything for baby and my own's sake.
1.) I can't sleep, I toss and turn and just cant hold still.
2.) The gas is unbearable. Any suggestions.
3.) Everything makes me cry. Both good and bad.
4.) My stomachs is the most pain at night and I believe thats why I cant sleep.

Please mommy's that have had children please give me suggestions on things to expect, what I can do, and truthfuly if any recommendations to the four things above please feel free to throw them at me. It would be greatly appreciated. All advice and opinions are welcome I have no clue on what to expect/ Thanks!!
#2 of 7 Old 06-30-2014, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
First, how far along are you?

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#3 of 7 Old 07-01-2014, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Welcome to MDC! I was 18 when I got pregnant with my first, it's exciting but dizzying isn't it? I read all I could get my hands on, and went to a Bradley Method class with my hubby near the end of my first one. It helped a lot to feel on top of everything better.

For the stomach pain: Chewable DGL Licorice, find it probably at a health food or supplement store, or buy online. Especially good if it's a heartburn thing. For the gas try Simethicone gas relief capsules. See if some foods make it worse and avoid those. Are you having food aversions and nausea, too? That can make it hard to eat healthy. A high protein diet with very little refined flour and lots of veggies and some fruit is ideal but if you get nausea badly of course just eat whatever you can eat. Maybe if you're open to it you can post what you've been eating and we could suggest a meal plan to help you feel better.

It's easiest to get to sleep in a totally dark room, especially no blue lights from electronics and a heavy curtain on the window. Use lots of pillows to support you just right. Read fiction before bed maybe, or have your boyfriend give you a massage, or if you pray then spend a long time doing that. Don't watch tv right before bed.

As far as the mood swings, try to be lighthearted about it "oh there I go again, goodness I'm so pregnant". For stuff that brings out deep seated feelings go ahead and express those and explore them. Perhaps you can use an artistic outlet, sketching or painting, poems, journaling, photography, music, you don't have to be great at it to express yourself. Give a name to your worries, don't let them be vague fear figure out what you're concerned about and what you can do about it, and whether it's something worth worrying about at all.
cynthia mosher likes this.
#4 of 7 Old 07-01-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey.keep cool.am a mother of 10 months old.you can find some child birth education classes. I was doing Lamaze classes which helped to go through all pregnancy things. You can have 6meals instead of 3for reducing gastric problem. I mean reduce quantity of intake each time increasing frequency. Also take min 2litres of water. Eat healthy stay healthy.
#5 of 7 Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 PM
NuH

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi there! Mother of 21 mos old so I know what you are going through. It sounds like the culmination of all the above - gas, stomach pain, and no sleep along with the unknown of having a baby is creating a lot of stress for you. I was not able to sleep throughout my pregnancy and also dealt with horrible horrible gas. Sadly, according to my doctor, these are the side effects of pregnancy and there isn't much that can be done. If I can offer any advice, it's to figure out what helps you destress - meditation, yoga, brisk walk... the less stress on you, the better for your little one. Take good care of yourself!
#6 of 7 Old 07-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
First off ((hugs)) to you! I applaud you for going into this adventure! I was 18 when I had my first and was pretty scared by the idea of it all! I am now on my 6th and things have been much easier with each pregnancy I get under my belt..lol.

The best thing I can suggest is empower yourself with knowledge. Read, read and READ some more. There is no such thing as having too much knowledge! The internet is filled with tons of info.

And do know that all of your pregnancy will likely not be miserable and not all pregnancies are full of annoyances. Most of my pregnancies haven't been much of an issue, but I have had friends that had more annoyances than me. I say all of that to say, DONT GIVE UP HOPE, it can get better!

I am not much help for advice for heartburn and gas, outside of just figuring out what is causing it and avoid those foods.
I don't know if it is true, but I have been told that drinking milk helps call heart burn...but haven't tried it myself. If you are having most of the heartburn at night, then perhaps prop yourself up a little with a pillow to keep the acid where it should be instead of in your esophagus. Hope your symptoms go away so you can enjoy this special time!
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 7 Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome to Motherhood!
This journey is exciting and can at times be frightening to all of us, even the ones who have been through the motions before. Remember that you are a woman, and your body has been made for this purpose. No one else can do it for you. You have the power the make a human, and bring him or her into the world, all by yourself. The rest is just icing on the cake. This is a time of powerful emotions, trust in yourself, and know it will work out in the end.
There are especially good books by women like Ina May Gaskin, and Pam England.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page