Reaction to Old Navy Jeans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 of 4 Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reaction to Old Navy Jeans

I am a mother who reacted to Old Navy new pair of jeans & previously read about it at this forum. I am suspecting Formaldehyde or the dye. Did anyone else or their kids suffer/react with itching, blisters & eating away yr flesh. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Hi shammy26 and welcome to Mothering! You might try posting in the Parenting forum where more folks will be reading and may have had a similar experience. You'll find the forum here

#3 of 4 Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. Will do.
#4 of 4 Old 08-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had a reaction to a new pair of slacks I bought from Motherhood Maternity. Caused me to break out in hives which I had until after my son was born (4+ months of hives!). Hives only on my upper legs and torso, especially where the jeans and "secret belly" stretchy fabric touched. Tried hydrocortizone, didn't touch it. I think they gave me a perscription topical steroid, which made things bearable. I took two rounds of prednisone steroids by mouth with a few weeks in between to try and calm my body down, but that didn't work, so I just suffered through the rest of it. I could barely wear clothes, and I had to wear them to go to work, you know? It wasn't PUPPS, and really flummoxed my Gyno/OB and my Dermatologist. Summer pregnancy in the South, where the humidity is through the roof, and the hives started in July. The reaction was my own fault for not washing the pants before I wore them - I should have known better. I used to have really sensitive skin as a kid (had to use All Free-n-Clear only for detergent, and Dove or Ivory only for soap), but it had gotten better over the years, and I'd pretty much forgotten that my skin could pose a problem. Then I got pregnant, and the hives were my first clue that pregnancy had made my skin super sensitive again. After that I gave up looking cute and wore loose clothes with as much cotton in them as possible so my skin could breathe better, and stopped wearing the tight cute jeans for pregnant women - it helped make the hives bearable, but they didn't go away. So you're not the only one to be intolerant of the fabric treatments they put in our clothes. Hope your reaction didn't last as long as mine, and wasn't as miserable!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page