hello, hubby looking for advice re mummy tummy & shapewear and lingerie shopping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 08-04-2014, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello, hubby looking for advice re mummy tummy & shapewear and lingerie shopping

Good evening ladies. Hope you don't mind me coming here, I've got a few questions to ask in relation to shapewear, and lingerie/under wear shopping for my wife. Firstly, Im thinking of buying her one of these,now I've got no problem with the mummy tummy but I know it worries her. If I buy it for her I don't want her to think I'm saying something or for her to get the wrong idea. How do I go about bringing it up with her?
And,
would it be weird if I went lingerie shopping for my wife? She's got her bras and undies but there all off the cheap rack at kmart, now please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the cheap rack at kmart. That's where all my clothes come from. It's just that I'd like to spend some money on some nice sets, spoil her a little bit (and me lol) I'd like to get her some nice, comfy every day bras and undies, And atleast one naughty set.No idea where to start though, are push ups comfy? Or should I steer clear of that for every day wareing she works at donut king and a bag shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
What your wife needs to hear from you is that you love her unconditionally, and that when you look at her tummy, you feel happy because that is where your baby grew.

Anything else makes you a butt head.

Please take that horrible picture down. That contraption makes my innards hurt just to look at it.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 08-04-2014, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Under absolutely no circumstances should you buy your wife shapewear.

Push-up bras are violently uncomfortable.

If you want to get your wife nice lingerie, get her a gift certificate to a nice lingerie store, tell her you thought she might enjoy feeling pampered and having something gorgeous to wear, and volunteer to go shopping with her if she wants. Bonus points if the "nice lingerie store" is a department store where she can actually get whatever she wants.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Seriously, I think that thing is from 1942! Gross!

38 year old hopeful to be single mother by choice!
IUI #1 - Chemical 11/2013
IUI #2 - MC @ 5w 12/2013
IUI #8 - Blighted ovum @ 7w 9/2014
Trying again! Come on good egg!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Yeah, the only way that would be ok is if she clearly said "I would love to buy that corset-buttlifter thing but it's too expensive" or "I'd like that for my birthday". Dangerous move otherwise.
-storm's husband
Old 08-04-2014, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Yep buying shapewear for her is a bad idea. My husband has been there with me through 4 pregnancies including a loss and 3 live births, nursing 3 kids, and all the other ups and downs that 11 years of life have brought with me being anywhere on a range of 70 pounds weight gain/loss during that time. He's never once said anything other than how beautiful I was and that's why he's still breathing... and married.

Seriously if you want to get her lingerie just to have something nice and sexy feeling for herself then get her a gift card. Or take her shopping and tell her to go pick something out. Not only does that save you from possibly hurting her feelings but it also gives her the chance to find something she will enjoy and be comfortable in. Every piece of lingerie is different. Every woman is going to like different things and even so some pieces are more comfortable than another of the same style/size. Let her pick it out herself to make sure it's comfortable for her and she likes it.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 08-05-2014, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just looking at that makes me feel uncomfortable...

User Tag List