Freaking out!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Freaking out!!!

So, today marks day 5 that my period is late. My ovulation last month was a little late as well. But needless to say, I have cramps and sore breasts but NO PERIOD! The last time I had sex was the 11th of last month in which my period came two days following. Mind you, I've only had sex with my now ex while he was wearing a condom and he always pulled out before climaxing... Is there even a possibility that I'm pregnant? I took a test last night that came back negative. Also, the last two weeks I've been stressing really bad. Went through my first really bad breakup and I was an emotional disaster. That being said, is it more likely stress delaying my period/making me miss my period or can I even possibly be pregnant?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hugs to you!

Was your last period a normal amount of bleeding, just a little late? If yes, then I would say that it is very very unlikely that you are pregnant.

How long are your cycles? If you started bleeding on the 13th of last month then today is day 31. Stress, depression, changing living situations, etc can definitely delay a period.
I would take some time for myself, have a good cry, drink some warm ginger and chamomile tea ( or herbal chai with chamomile added) and maybe loose myself in a good book for a while. (That's just me...I'm sure you can think of something that feels good for you )
Take care and let us know when "Aunt Flo" visits. ; )
#3 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

My last period was normal bleeding.
Maybe a little bit heavier. It was
Two days early too, but I had just gotten back from a 3 week trip from Texas.
#4 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Also, my cycles are normally 27 days to the T. Last month mine was only 22 days. So my app is miscalculating by two days and saying it should be here by day 25, so technically today makes day 4 that I'm late. I don't know how these things work. I've never tracked my period until now. I've never had to. Also, the last ovulation cycle I had, it was like 4 days late and I had a pretty decent amount of spotting which has never happened to me before. It's clear that my body is going through some changes. (No bleeding like a period though).
#5 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 09:51 PM

If I'm reading your info correctly, your app is 5 days early, not two days early. You might just need one more day. Such a short cycle pints to an excess of estrogen, which also shows up as PMS that include high anxiety, very sore and swollen breasts and cramping. Yes, signs of pregnancy too...which is why it's so crazy for you right now. Hang in there!
My understanding is that the time before ovulation is quite flexible, but we generally bleed 14 to 15 days after ovulation. So, if you are charting basal body temperature and cervical mucus, and have a good sense of when you ovulated you could start counting from that day and see how close you are to 14 days.
In the meantime, I have heard that the dollar store had pregnancy tests behind the counter. You have to ask for them. It might be worth it to get two or three and retest every 3 days, while also charting.
Also, planned parenthood is a great resource and I might bring my charting app in to see if someone could offer some insights if I was not sure of when i ovulated. I don't know what info your app is tracking. I would not go by the calendar days only. I would want both mucus and basal temps.
I am so sorry you are having the stress of figuring this out on top of all the other stressors! Sending hugs.
#6 of 8 Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

I don't take my BBT or anything like that because like I said I've never really tracked my period until about 5 months ago so I still don't fully understand how anything past the basics work. But now it seems like my body is preparing to ovulate. The last two days I've had the slightest bit of white stringy discharge and today I've had more discharge along with spotting which happened with my last ovulation cycle as well. My app says I'm supposed to start ovulating today. I still have sore boobs and cramps but I've always had ovulation cramps and my breasts were sore last time I ovulated. Also, my body temp went up to 99.0 yesterday and it's normally at 84.3. So yeah. I still have one HPT that I'll probably take one of the next couple of mornings.

But it just seems so absolutely impossible to be pregnant based off of when I had sex and under the circumstances. Both Condoms and pulling out at the same time. Unless there was a leak and I was exposed to some precum but a condom broke months ago and I was exposed to lots of precum and didn't get pregnant. The chances are super slight. So, I'm torn.
#7 of 8 Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 PM

It's such a crazy learning curve isn't it!
If your temperature just rose and was not high all along, then your thoughts about ovulation are probably correct. It may be that stress levels delayed ovulation.
Keep up with the basal body temp first thing in the morning before getting out of bed and checking mucus in the morning too. I also record feelings and dreams that seems out of the ordinary. I haven't used any charting apps, just graph paper. I found it incredibly empowering to be aware of myself in a way I hadn't before.
Keep checking in if you need to. This is a great community to tap into. The website recently went through a massive change and a lot of posters have taken a vacation until the bugs get worked out. Normally your post would have had a half dozen replies within the year hour.
Hugs.
#8 of 8 Old 08-14-2014, 07:18 PM

Oh! Post in the Fertility forum. You will see lots of questions like yours there and many to help interpret your info. You can copy and paste this thread or your original post over there.
http://www.mothering.com/forum/68-fertility/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page