Hello from PA! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-03-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hello from PA!

Hello! I'm not exactly "new" but am returning after a long time. It's been several years since I've been active here. I'm from Northeast PA and the momma of 2 wonderful kiddos ages 10 (daughter) & 7 next month (son). I've also got a surprise babe on the way with an estimated arrival of April 22.
I'm divorced (2 yrs) and expecting my little surprise with the most amazing person that came into my life post divorce.
I don't vaccinate my kiddos, I am against circumsizing, my son has a very long list of life threatening food allergies (since birth), I am a huge advocate of cloth diapering, baby wearing, co sleeping and attachment parenting. I also feel breast is best but I am in no way judgmental towards other mommas in this regard (or really any). I home schooled for 3 yrs and am now in the throws of public school which we are enjoying. My first birth experience was your "typical" (vaginal) hospital birth with meds of all sorts and it of course lead me to research and switch Drs.. My 2nd birth was set to be all natural yet in the hospital and my ob ended up being in Japan when my water broke 9 days early and the on call was not into my plan so I gave birth vaginally without pain meds however pumped with pitocin after being in labor only 12 hrs. Thiiiiis time around I am having a planned, midwife assisted homebirth which I am very much looking forward to.
Soooo I've experienced and learned a lot since becoming a momma 10 yrs ago. I hope by returning I can be helpful and also learn some new things as it's been 7 yrs since I've been pregnant and I will be "starting over" in a lot of ways.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page