Mothering Forum banner

anyone from columbus, ohio?

855 views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Quirky 
#1 ·
hello to all my fine, like minded people! so glad to finally be meeting you and getting myself out in the community i actually want to belong to... i moved to columbus from illinois almost FIVE years ago, but still feel like i haven't found any of you. i am probably not considered a full-fledged "natural" mom (i'm not even a MOM yet- early june!). this is because, although i am for cloth diapers, natural birth, co sleeping, breastfeeding, etc, i DO watch tv, eat meat, and drive a subaru. ever since i met my husband anyway. he is a chef- so i don't see him much- we've been married for a year and a half or so, and this is our first baby. luckily he is very supportive and "tolerant" of my parenting approach, so i really feel like i have a partner there. i need some girlfriends, though! my name is sarah. i'm 27 and i miss slumber parties. i am an art teacher (sub this year) and love to read, write, bicycle, walk, watch movies and listen to big band/swing/jazz/blues/rockabilly... feel free to write, etc!

#3 ·
I'm in Newark, but there a lot of people in Columbus...we actually have an API meeting at Wild Oats this Saturday at 1:00 (Upper Arlington). Stop by and see us!!
And the link Elizabeth posted is great...it's basically the entire API group, and we get to communicate all the time. They do a lot of MNO's, playgroups, trips to the zoo, etc.

Oh, and if you're planning on having another baby (or if you want to check them out now with this pregnancy), I'm not sure if you know about CHOICE or not, but it's a place in Columbus with homebirth midwives (and doulas/monitrices for hospital births).

So, there are lots of crunchy, crispy, and AP parents in this area!

#8 ·
Hi Brandy and Elizabeth!!

Wow...we may have to sing happy birthday at the API meeting!!! Happy birthday to Brooklynn (and happy BIRTH day to you Brandy!)

#14 ·
yea! thanks for all the welcoming and invitations... i will certainly try and make it to the meeting at wild oats (i need to go there anyway!). i am a REDHEAD, if you want to keep an eye out for me, and am really looking forward to meeting you all. thanks again, and maybe i'll see you at "forever attached" also. sarah

#15 ·
Hi All,

My name is Marisa. I'm 27. Married and have a 2 and a half yr old. I'm now preggy with my second and am due April 9th!

I guess in part I'm posting because I've just moved to this area about a year ago from out of state (Maryland) and haven't met anyone.

I live in the city and didn't know if anyone has like regular girl get-to-gethers....I would be interested in making some friends since I don't know anyone here besides my husband!

I'm pretty open minded and like to do all sorts of things. Movies, dancing, bar? (hope that doesn't offend anyone). I like all sorts of music. Girls night out with or without kids would be great!

#21 ·
to MDC!

columbus and PYT, if either of you is having a boy, I hope you'll leave him intact (i.e. uncircumcised). There's lots of great information here in the Case Against Circumcision forum as well as in the Mothering magazine articles on circ: http://www.mothering.com/articles/ne...cumcision.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.