Upset new member!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 07-09-2007, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a little frustrated with this dotcommune too; specifically with permissions and not being able to access the full site. To get my 'comment count' up, i'm starting to leave introduction emails at the welcome forum - the same generic comment about myself to everyone (i'll leave you a copy).

I too saw that some were getting TONS of replies and others not so much, so i thought to leave comments with those with the least. i sorted and yours came back as the one with the most and of course i had to read the orig post. I hear you. I haven't left an introductory email myself thinking i'd get no response as you did.

I hope you're able to find more of a friendly community in MLT - i hear great things about the area - i lived there for a couple months when first married and no kids 10 years ago. I personally, am a little hesitant to join local area groups perhpas out of fear of disapointment in not really connecting with others, but perhpas i'll be brave and reach out to others here in Redmond. TBD.

So, here's my generic introduction i'm leaving on other people's pages - people with less comments than yours though...

Hi - :

I'm Marie; I'm just outside of Seattle. I have two daughters, Anniston (11/04) and Genieva (04/05) and a baby boy on the way due 10/07. It took us two weeks to come up with Gen's name, and won't be surprised if it takes that long to come up with a name for #3.

Currently going through potty training with #2, it is getting frustrating - going on two weeks, when the 1st was trained in 2 days and i just discovered $15 of spoiled chicken in my fridge.

I blog at www.myspace.com/naturalthinker, will probably start to blog here once i get permissions. I have college friends at myspace and i'm not sure many if any of them would consider transfering to this site....but perhaps i'll have things to say to a different ambiguous audience. who knows.

Mostly, i'm excited to add the little icons to my signature! Silly, but that's me.

Hope to see your posts around the forum!

-Marie

p.s. hope you aren't disturbed that i'm leaving this same message on other new postings - i'm trying to get my 'postings' count up so i can get permissions on this site! That, and i figure a whole blabing session may be more interesting than a single word of welcome....
#92 of 100 Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM

#93 of 100 Old 07-09-2007, 08:17 PM

welcome!

I just recently started hitting 'new posts' so I may have missed yours.

it's a mostly friendly place.

for intuitive readings click here :
#94 of 100 Old 07-09-2007, 09:30 PM

#95 of 100 Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 PM

:

This post is really old. So old, I imagine the OP has welcomed numerous people herself. I got about three pages in, thinking about how I would respond, if I were to respond, when I realized just how old it was. And then I had to click forward to see what news there could be to get it bumped AGAIN.

odd.

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
#96 of 100 Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 PM

:

OH, and since I never did post here:

Welcome to MDC!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#97 of 100 Old 07-13-2007, 05:29 PM

I wonder if the op opinion has changed since the first post?

I rarely come into this forum due to time constraints. I hope people don't feel unwelcome because of lack of response here.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#98 of 100 Old 07-13-2007, 05:35 PM

I would hope not. But I try and make a point of welcoming most everyone. I always enjoyed the welcomes and want to pass it on.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#99 of 100 Old 07-13-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Is this thread a joke?

don't take it personal. i never come to this forum, i just so this thread from the main page. try posting somewhere else and you'll get responses...i promise...probably more than you would ever want!
hope you like it here!
#100 of 100 Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 PM

I am so confused by this whole thread, namely why it's up here after so long! But obviously the OP fit right in, she's a Senior Member! Certainly made me more aware that people want to be welcomed on this board!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page