Mothering Forum banner

i'm new, i'm pregnant, and i've got questions!!!!

1K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Irishmommy 
#1 ·
HI!! okay so i've been waiting for my membership to be authorized and then i was roadtripping back to san diego, but now i'm here and i'm ready to go! my name is cassie and my husband and i are pregnant with my first child, and we're freaking out bc we had actually stopped trying to get pregnant and i found out about 3 weeks later, lol.

SO! i have tons of questions if anyone is wanting to help me a little bit, i'm fairly clueless as far as all this stuff goes. my husband is in the military also, so are there any military wives out there willing to offer up some advice in regards to navy medical...??

thanks in advance!

Cassie

#2 ·

Hey Cassie!

I don't know anything about navy medical insurance so I can't help you there, but welcome to the group! I also found out I was pregnant a few weeks after DH and I decided not to try anymore. lol.

Congratulations with your pregnancy, I'm sure you can find answers to any question you possibly have here!

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflower223 View Post

Hey Cassie!

I don't know anything about navy medical insurance so I can't help you there, but welcome to the group! I also found out I was pregnant a few weeks after DH and I decided not to try anymore. lol.

Congratulations with your pregnancy, I'm sure you can find answers to any question you possibly have here!
thanks! nice to meet you
i have a question already, about your last icon on your signature, what it "CIRC"?

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenifer80 View Post
What questions do you have about Navy Medical in SD? I'm out here.

SWEET. okay, first question, what is it like?? when i was in the navy, my medical care was touch and go, and i'm worried that i'm gonna get stuck with a bunch of jerks, lol... i also had a knack for winding up with providers who didn't listen to a WORD i said and would just write little stories in my medical record that they made up. are there bulldogs like that in the OB?

you had babies there? did you use a team? did you do homebirth? COULD you do homebirth? do they give you options?

?!?!?!

lol and there's more where that came from!

THANKS

#9 ·
I had my youngest at Balboa. It was actually a pretty decent experience compared to my 1st birth. They did everything the way I wanted it (which surprised me) and let me walk as long as I wanted to.
How far along are you? You may have to go to your new PCM and get a statement proving you are infact pregnant to be seen through the MTF at 1st. (call Triwest JIC) If you go with the Navy Dr's you'll have to chose a "team" to be on when you are 1st registered. I was on the Platinum team at 1st(which I believe is all midwives now), but got switched due to my pg. history and medical conditions. I posted to you in the military thread about a homebirth midwife. I'll try to get her name for you if I talk to my neighbor tomorrow.

HTH.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenifer80 View Post
I had my youngest at Balboa. It was actually a pretty decent experience compared to my 1st birth. They did everything the way I wanted it (which surprised me) and let me walk as long as I wanted to.
How far along are you? You may have to go to your new PCM and get a statement proving you are infact pregnant to be seen through the MTF at 1st. (call Triwest JIC) If you go with the Navy Dr's you'll have to chose a "team" to be on when you are 1st registered. I was on the Platinum team at 1st(which I believe is all midwives now), but got switched due to my pg. history and medical conditions. I posted to you in the military thread about a homebirth midwife. I'll try to get her name for you if I talk to my neighbor tomorrow.

HTH.

i just found out sunday and i haven't had a blood test yet, but by my own calculations i'm 4w2d. when i went to my meeting they gave me a list with the Platinum team and a midwife team.. i did the whole pee in a cup thing yesterday as soon as i got back to san diego (yesterday morning) and they told us to come back may 15 for the ultrasound and that's when we can pick our team... what's MTF?

and yes, it does help, lots. thanks

#18 ·
Welcome to Mothering and congrats on your pregnancy! There might be a military wives thread in 'Finding your Tribe' - it would be worth doing a 'search' and seeing what came up.

Check out your Due Date Club as well - that's a great place to get to know people on the site. And I second (or third!) the recommendation to check out the Case Against Circumcision board.

Glad you found us!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CassiopiaTheOnly View Post
OMG. i just watched the video and i almost threw up. i'm going to have my husband watch it when he comes home.
I know what you mean. Keep researching - circumcision is one of those things that the more you know, the worse it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.