Mothering Forum banner

Hi from Maine!

963 views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  Kidzaplenty 
#1 ·
Hello mommies and daddies out there!
I just joined this community because I have fallen in love with my Mothering subscription I was given when my first son was born. It has truly changed my life for the good and I am so grateful for its wisdom.
I am looking to talk with other parents about raising our babies naturally, the way God intended and just to get the support to continue on when society challenges.
I wish everyone a beautiful day!

Thanks,
Becca

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi! I live in Lebanon with my husband, 6 month old and two naughty cats! I don't know where Blue Hill is. We just moved here last year from New Hampshire and I spent 6 years in Bangor as a child, so I am semi-familiar with the area!

#10 ·
Welcome to the gang! I also received a Mothering subscription from my mom when DD #1 was born. We were living in Thailand at the time and I didn't have a lot of resources as a parent. My mom would send out the magazine and I would pour over it and reread it for days everytime. I quickly becam addicted to MDC and have learned so much over the years. I grew up in Auburn and we now live in Portland.

#12 ·
Welcome! This is probably the one website that Stephen King can't turn into a horror book lol! I hope you enjoy your baby moon (the birthing moon is over seems to be over), and find lots to chat about on here.
Check out the diapering section, the infant/baby area, also the food areas are awesome, and the TAO (talk amongst ourselves) is wonderful.

Peace, mama.

Andy

#15 ·
Welcome to MDC!

I lived in NH as a teenager, VT after that (and worked in Lebanon at DHMC), but used to vacation in Blue Hill, ME every summer when my mother's foster mother was still alive. The beaches and cliffs and wild blueberries were the best!

#22 ·
Welcome to MDC, it's a great place to be!

I'm a displaced Mainer living in South Carolina, and hoping to move back soon! Although I've been in the south almost as long as I lived in Maine, 13 years, we go up to visit my family once or twice a year. There's no place like it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.