Found a great online schedule & lesson planning tool! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 56 Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
I am excited to get started. No word yet. Maybe because it is the 4th.
AngelBee- have you heard word back yet?

blogging.jpg

#33 of 56 Old 07-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRubyandKen View Post
AngelBee- have you heard word back yet?
Nope

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#34 of 56 Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Nope
Weird. Did you check your spam box?

blogging.jpg

#35 of 56 Old 07-07-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

AngelBee, have you tried signing up to the forum? It's separate. Maybe try to see if you can sign up and ask on the forums?

blogging.jpg

#36 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
I haven't got my confirmation email yet. I want to try it.
I'm having the same issues- contacted them and not hearing back from them. *sigh* I really wanted to try it out.
#37 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

AngelBee and joy seeker I started a thread on the Homeschool Skedtrak forum letting them know some people I shared their site with where having problems. Let's see what they say. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this. Imo it is worth a bit of hassle, hopefully you will like it as much too.

blogging.jpg

#38 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 AM

I finally got it to work with a different email account

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#39 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_seeker View Post
I'm having the same issues- contacted them and not hearing back from them. *sigh* I really wanted to try it out.
it is frustrating.

#40 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
AngelBee and joy seeker I started a thread on the Homeschool Skedtrak forum letting them know some people I shared their site with where having problems. Let's see what they say. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this. Imo it is worth a bit of hassle, hopefully you will like it as much too.
Thank you

#41 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank you
lol. Glad you got it working. Guess it was a problem with your email account? Would it have been blocking it or something? I'm clueless!

blogging.jpg

#42 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
lol. Glad you got it working. Guess it was a problem with your email account? Would it have been blocking it or something? I'm clueless!
No clue. It is my main account that I use for everything. I have had it for like 6 years

Not sure what was going on

#43 of 56 Old 07-08-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
I finally got it to work with a different email account
This is what I had to do as well- not sure why but it worked! I had to use my gmail account (which I NEVER use) instead of my Yahoo account, wierd.

Quote:
it is frustrating.
Quote:
Thanks to you both!

I hope it is worth it, really I just need something to track my core and elective hours for my state requirements, this looked easy enough so I hope it works out for my unschooly self!
#44 of 56 Old 07-09-2009, 10:57 AM

thank you for re-introducing this to me. I had originally tried it about 9 months ago and completely forgot. Now that I am going to be hsing 3 of my kids, this is going to be awesome. Especially since I kept losing my planner

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#45 of 56 Old 07-10-2009, 10:55 PM

I think this might be just what we are looking for!
#46 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 AM

How is this working for everyone? I am still trying to figure out how to make it work the easiest for me.

#47 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still working on our plans. I can only concentrate on it for 5-15 minutes here and there (much like my knitting mini breaks, lol) so it is not coming together really fast.

Any workbooks are easy to input as long as you don't find it necessary to add a lot details. I've assigned them both work in a math workbook and a language arts workbook, both set as its own course, set for such and such days. I set up the workbook for one student as a course. Then entered one activity- for Math, Complete marked rows of page (blank), for LA, Complete page (blank). Copied this enough times to last the school year. Then I copied both courses to the second student and then went back and added page #s. Really fast and easy. The workbook names were the same besides grade, but not page #s or I could have entered that once and copied it too.

I also did similiar for Spelling because the objective and activity stayed the same, only the words changed every week. So I copied the two lessons repeatedly for the year, copied to second student, then am going back and adding the words for each week because they differ for each student. Same for other courses where the activity doesn't change (or change much), like mid-week math dice drill and mulitiplication drill, both set as its own course to make it easy.

For History, Art, Science, Reading, and Copywork I have the focus of the lessons planned out and inputed, but not the actual activities for the entire year. For example, in course History, each unit is broken down into a time frame like this, FOCUS- Africa, Ancient Egypt. Copied enough times to fill that unit's span, 6 weeks, 3 days a week, so copied 17 times to equal 18 activities.

I have our first unit completely planned out, which is scheduled to last 6 weeks. We'll be studying Australia and Aborigines. I've been able to work further ahead in Art and History, but still have a lot of planning to do. I have all the books planned we'll be reading for Health, but not the activities. Because I'm planning this all myself and not following a curriculum or using only workbooks I've made quite a bit of work for myself, haven't I? It's sorta fun though and I'm taking it easy, bit by bit, and not stressing. I figure I'm at least 6 weeks ahead as of now, plus some, so that's something anyway. Much more than I've ever had before!

Oh yeah, and I'm pondering using this as a to do list for daily hygiene and chores for them as well. They love having lists for these things to check off, so it might work out nice for this and save paper too!

blogging.jpg

#48 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Oh! Hadn't thought about adding personal and household type things.

: Thinking.....

#49 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 01:12 PM

I still am loving it.

- Angela
mama homeschooling Satori, dd6 in the beautiful CO Rockies
#50 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 PM

Question: for scheduling activities. How do you do it without using their "predicted" dates? :

#51 of 56 Old 08-10-2009, 04:42 PM

THIS is my task for tonight -- get started ....

:

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#52 of 56 Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM

anyone useing this for pre-school.

I was GOING to start tonight, but everything i read is Kindergarden on tracking.

I know there is no real reason to track pre-school, save i am OCD about record keeping and want to be able to show HIM (DS1) when he is older ...also to pratice, and to have to show family .. not so much cuz i need it to prove to anyone.

thoughts?

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#53 of 56 Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 PM

How's everyone liking it so far? I just got my account there. Is there a way to keep track of books dd#1 reads? Does this go in the hobby section?
#54 of 56 Old 12-12-2009, 11:14 PM

I love it and the more I use it, the more I love it even more!

I use the Hobby Log to keep track of our read-alouds, just started using that feature though.

- Angela
mama homeschooling Satori, dd6 in the beautiful CO Rockies
#55 of 56 Old 12-14-2009, 02:19 PM

i just signed up

i need to watch the viedos

i want to start useing it in jan 2010.

i will surely be back with more questions

A

#56 of 56 Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahrahgobg View Post
This is nice. Everyone who reads this...watch the instructional video's. They will help a lot. I am very computer literate. If I hadn't watched the video's, I would have tossed the program. I just wish I could put it on my iphone.
once you learn it -- it is pretty easy -- or is it always a bit of a challange?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page