Free Elementary Life Science 36-week curriculum - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Free Elementary Life Science curriculum

Classic Science Elementary Life Science - You can download free pdf files of the entire 36 chapters with worksheets plus a parent copy with activities and tests, or just parts of it. It is written in a humorous style, with comic book style pictures of animals and talking in bubbles to break up the information. I'd say it is very high interest, easy reading, not dry or boring. My son is 7 and I think he will really enjoy it a lot. I haven't read through the whole book yet, but we'll definitely be using at least some of this next year.

blogging.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#3 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 AM

We've been using this since midway through last year and we really like it. (I think we found it from a link on this board actually! If it's not in the free resources sticky, we shoudl get it idded) My 7yo particularly likes the funny speech bubble bits. He's not so excited by the experiment activities, but we tried REAL science and he didn't like those either, so I've decided he's much more a reader than a do-er. It's definitely a great freebie!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe

#4 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 AM

My son wasn't really into this. He liked the first chapter, and then we hit a dry spell going over definitions of biomes and living and non living and we just kind of stopped. But for a free curriculum it's kind of fun to play around with.
#5 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 05:04 AM

cool! have you looked at it ? what 'grade' would ti be for?

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#6 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I like that one and I'm saving it for when DD's in maybe 2nd grade. The only thing that bugs me about it is that he uses waaayyy too many exclamation points. lol
#7 of 7 Old 07-05-2009, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you for this link!!! We are struggling this year - in that our current science plan isn't working for us. This is heaven sent! Thank you!

Librarian & mommy to my jog.gif(2002) & jammin.gif (2005) married to superhero.gifsince 1999

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page