Any Homeschooling families that use Simply Charlotte Mason education? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are starting our first year of homeschooling with our soon to be 5 yr dd. I fell in love with SCM education and wass wondering if anyone else has used this method? Looking for advice and suggestions.

Yoga loving momma to DD Eden Raine 8/04 , DS Brett Edwin 2/08 , DS Brantley Albert 12/12 and wife for more than a decade to Jason .
Namaste
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 PM

bump

I want to read more

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 12-12-2009, 04:09 AM

I really liked her all day seminar on dvd. Our group has been watching it together.

I use her Scripture Memory box idea and once in awhile peek at her forums.

I like her book finder tool--awesome

Otherwise I use Ambleside
Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 PM

**Kat**
Homeschooling her 5 year old.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:39 PM

Yes, we use SCM and I love the ways it has helped me to organize what we are doing and have a general guideline for our year. We have purchased some of their study books as well and have found them to be great. We use 106 Days of Creation Studies for our science and Genesis Through Deuteronomy for our History/Bible. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. My school age chilren are 5 and 7 and we do everything together except reading. I have also used their online organizer in the past and found it to be very helpful although we are not using it right now because of the extra expense.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2annabelle View Post
Yes, we use SCM and I love the ways it has helped me to organize what we are doing and have a general guideline for our year. We have purchased some of their study books as well and have found them to be great. We use 106 Days of Creation Studies for our science and Genesis Through Deuteronomy for our History/Bible. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. My school age chilren are 5 and 7 and we do everything together except reading. I have also used their online organizer in the past and found it to be very helpful although we are not using it right now because of the extra expense.
AWSOME --

M boys are 23 months apart i would looove to do as much together as possible

? -- general -- I assume you started with the older child at least a year before the younger .. then when the younger started did you jsut add them in to what was already going on? or start over? or ...??

SCM is the website? I think i havce seen that.

is there a plan on line or do you buy something?

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014

User Tag List