Muzzy anyone - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-18-2009, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi, I just ordered the Muzzy free trial. But it seems that the free trial is in the version that says ages 2-7 rather than 8+ family edition. If I understand right, the family addition adds CD-ROMS and books. I kinda wanted the CD-ROMS. Hopefully, if I decide to keep the program, they will let me add that part.

So, does anyone use the Muzzy stuff? Do you like it? Why or why not? I finally decided to try it because Rosetta Stone seemed so "adult" and I really want to assist with language learning however I can. I found a cool homeschooling immersion class here (Anna just did a camp at that school) but it is soooo far away. Muzzy is cheaper than that too.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#2 of 6 Old 07-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I use Muzzy Spanish with my 5 and almost 3 yr olds, and they've picked up a lot of Spanish. Can I just say it is very cute to hear little voices chirping another language! We got the complete elementary curriculum that came with 2 huge binders filled with lesson plans and coloring pages and other activities. We really like it, and they love watching the DVDs. They also sent a stuffed green Muzzy which is very popular with the kiddos

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#3 of 6 Old 07-19-2009, 04:53 PM

Muzzy German here. We use the CD-rom, the DVDs, and the multi-language book. My kids all love Muzzy (from 16 to 3), but the biggest plus of Muzzy is that it gives language lessons that the kids must interpret for themselves. There is a LOT more going on than just watching a cartoon.

love, p

Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 21, 20, 18, 12, 9, 7 and our Z born 4/13. . Partner to mynut.gif   homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif     

#4 of 6 Old 07-21-2009, 02:18 PM

I found a video sample of Muzzy on youtube. Is it a rather old cartoon about creatures in space? My son doesn't like cartoons (not sure why) but I think the characters will be a little scary for him. Am I assuming correct here?
#5 of 6 Old 09-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Ms. pacman

I'm a teacher and my district just bought the spanish program.  Could you please email me.  I'd like to ask you a question...my email is joanab at optonline.net... thank you.

#6 of 6 Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

This is a very old thread, and ms pacman doesn't appear to have posted on these forums in two and a half years. Perhaps someone else has some experience?

Miranda

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page