Need ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My daughter and I are new to homeschooling and we are still trying to work out a schedule (flexible, of course) for how we want to do things. We decided yesterday that we need more breaks in between subjects...short ones, maybe 15-30 minutes, depending on how we feel. I'd like some of your ideas on what we might do that is fun and/or relaxing, but that is also not to long or involved. I thought of reading, going to the park, watching a little tv, playing a board game....any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How old is she? You could make a snack together, have some tea, work out in the garden or yard, read the paper together, pick up a craft (knitting, crochet, felting, sewing..)
#3 of 4 Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For us breaks are really breaks. The littles do whatever they want and I fit in my grown up stuff - phone calls, cleaning, etc. I have 2 so they usually play together... maybe run around in the backyard or pillow fight

Librarian & mommy to my jog.gif(2002) & jammin.gif (2005) married to superhero.gifsince 1999
#4 of 4 Old 08-08-2009, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our breaks are free time - I'm free to do whatever I want and they are free to do whatever they want. I need the break as much as they do Generally, mine run around pretending something or play a computer game or play with the dog. Nothing fancy...but we typically break once (sometimes twice) a day and it's closer to 10 minutes, 15 at the max. We're on a time constraint though and couldn't fit 30 minutes between each of 4 subjects plus teaching time, though - with more time and a willingness on any of our parts to have school last into the afternoon, it might be different

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page