Mothering Forum banner

need nature field guide type book for nature journal we are starting

619 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  craft_media_hero 
#1 ·
I'm going to start a nature journal with my kids but need fie;d guide type nature books to look up bugs, weeds, flowers, trees etc. and identify them any suggestions would be greatly appriciated

TY

#5 ·
You can find the Comstock one online for free download as a PDF. I don't remember where I got it, but I searched "free comstock download" or "free handbook of nature study download". *may have been through the amblesideonline links*

We have printed out the section on birds, and it's very readable with two document pages on shrunk onto one sheet of paper, printed on front and back---maybe 25-30 pages? I get "free" printing at my school so this is more economical for us. And then we only use paper for what we are actually studying at the time.

We use the Comstock book in conjunction with the Burgess Book Bird; it would probably work well with the Burgess Animal Book, too (there's lots of science/nature study tucked into the Burgess stories).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.