Found some info on k-12! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok so I was thinking about the k-12 virtual program but I was told I was not eligable to join, so i went and signed up on the yahoo group they have and found that it wasnt right for us anyhow, it is only supposed to be used as a supplementary schooling and that you are only allowed to take so many classes, anyone know anything i am speaking of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoogs View Post
ok so I was thinking about the k-12 virtual program but I was told I was not eligable to join, so i went and signed up on the yahoo group they have and found that it wasnt right for us anyhow, it is only supposed to be used as a supplementary schooling and that you are only allowed to take so many classes, anyone know anything i am speaking of?
If you using k12 privately then yes you can use it as supplementary but if your doing one of the virtual public schools then the entire thing is K12 and your required to take all subjects assigned. (for us that was Language Arts, math, Science, History, Art, foreign Lang and PE) We did K12 last year and its pretty intensive. There's a lot of K12 threads in the homeschooling forum. Were switching from K12 to Connections, have you checked out them? www.connectionsacademy.com which is a lot more low key then K12 it seems.

Seriously?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page