Can homeschoolers do Boxtops for Education? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-01-2010, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know homeschool co-ops can, but can individual homeschools?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 6 Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
great question

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#3 of 6 Old 01-06-2010, 10:59 PM

our accountability group here in sc takes them and uses the money toward helping out with field trip fees. i don't know what the limit is, but i'm pretty sure there is one .(like number of people/students in your group/homeschool)

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 PM

They told me that individual homeschools are not able to participate. They also told me that homeschool groups can't participate, either, so maybe I got the wrong info...

Jennifer :, blessed wife to 4/00 and joyful mother of 6/03, 2/06 and 3/10.
#5 of 6 Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Individuals can not earn at this time with them. Under their FAQ they have this
Is my school currently enrolled in Box Tops for Education?

Over 90,000 K-8 schools are enrolled in the Box Tops program. To find out if your school participates, click the Join Us link on the home page.

The Box Tops for Education program is available to any accredited public, private or parochial school, for grades K-8, in the United States that is organized and primarily operated for educational purposes; U.S. military schools, K-8, worldwide; and accredited home school associations, K-8, in the United Sates that are organized and operated primarily for educational purposes and have 15 or more students.

I also know HS families that collect them and then sell them on ebay or craigslist for close to what they would get if they could send them in.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#6 of 6 Old 01-18-2010, 08:46 PM

Our co-op collects them and sends them to our state organization. They take % and then cut as a check for the remainder.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page