Forum Jump: 

#121 of 134 Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemamalove View Post
Same happened with us and Peace was sad too
oh no! I think we made this mistake. An extra special valentine will be sent out to Peace tomorrow.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#122 of 134 Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM

A couple days later than I originally planned, but we just dropped our valentines off at the post office! The lovely and patient man there said he thought most of them should arrive on Saturday, but a couple might not get there until Monday or Tuesday (like the one to Canada....sorry!!). The kids had so much fun making them. My 3-year-old went pretty minimalist on the decorations, because he was focused on cutting them out all by himself. My 5-year-old was super excited that this year she could write everyone's names herself.
#123 of 134 Old 02-12-2010, 11:02 AM

We mailed ours out this week, but between the snow and sending them later than planned, im not sure if they'll get there in time... sorry if they're late... but I hope they get there on time!

A huge sorry to David and Calleigh .. you WILL be getting valentines, but I haven't been able to make it to the post office to find out what kind of postage is needed...

(side question: anyone know how much postage to put on a letter to canada? its a normal legal sized envelope)
#124 of 134 Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 AM

One of my sons sent foamy stickers that can be assembled into a bear's face. If it were sent to me, though, I would just wonder why my kid got the weird shaped stickers. So, I posted a picture of how the assembled bear face is supposed to look on my user profile here. Happy Day.

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#125 of 134 Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
One of my sons sent foamy stickers that can be assembled into a bear's face. If it were sent to me, though, I would just wonder why my kid got the weird shaped stickers. So, I posted a picture of how the assembled bear face is supposed to look on my user profile here. Happy Day.
I was wondering and then my 5 year old DD goes " Mama it is a bear see." and she had put hers altogether.

They were adorable!! The kids gota nice stack in the mail today and were so thrilled to open them all!!

The name stickers were awesome all my kids stuck there names on there shirts

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#126 of 134 Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 PM

Just wanted to update about our pencil fiasco and say that I talked to dh and he still hasn't done anything with the valentines. So obviously they won't make it by tomorrow. The kids and I are flying home on Sunday and I'll try to take care of the cards on Monday morning. Dh said some came back so shredded that he can't read the names, a few didn't come back, a few were cancelled so they need entirely new stamps and envelopes, and the others he just never sent. So I really hope no one gets missed when I re-send them but I can't be entirely sure.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#127 of 134 Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 PM

Thanks so much everyone we had so much fun doing this this year

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#128 of 134 Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Thanks again!

The girls got more Valentine's today and were super thrilled.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#129 of 134 Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 AM

We had a wonderful time! The two year old specially loved opening her special mail. This was great for her fine motor skills along with breaking crayons smaller and pealing paper from them for the heart molds. She loved that craft! Over all I hope we can do it again next year with them all and got some wonderful ideas.

If anyone has feedback about shipping of the pencils / heart crayons please let me know as I am wondering how they traveled and what we can be aware of next year.

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#130 of 134 Old 02-16-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontessa View Post
If anyone has feedback about shipping of the pencils / heart crayons please let me know as I am wondering how they traveled and what we can be aware of next year.
Aside from padded envelopes, the only thing I can think of is perhaps writing "Hand Cancel" on the envelope. We received two from another family with that written on the outside of the regular paper envelope and there was not a rip or tear on them.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#131 of 134 Old 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM

we just got a ton of valentines in the mail today. my kids were SOOOO excited

thanks again everyone!

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#132 of 134 Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 PM

I'm really sorry but I don't think ours are going to make it out We're the ones who had the pencils and the post office ripped a few of them to shreds and sent the rest back to us. The kids and I weren't in town and dh was left dealing with it and he got frustrated and just ignored them. I took them to the post office today (we got home Sunday night) to add the extra $0.20 or whatever so that they wouldn't go through the machines and they said it would be an extra $0.78 per envelope I just didn't have another $20 to spend on them right now.

I feel really bad especially since ds (5 yrs old) spent a lot of time writing his name on the cards and he was really excited about it. I told a little white lie to him and said I took them by the post office implying that I mailed them. I just didn't want to disappoint the little guy.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#133 of 134 Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1nluv View Post
A huge sorry to David and Calleigh .. you WILL be getting valentines, but I haven't been able to make it to the post office to find out what kind of postage is needed...

(side question: anyone know how much postage to put on a letter to canada? its a normal legal sized envelope)
I'm David and Caileigh's mom. I don't know precisely what it is, but most of what we've been receiving seems to just use two "normal" US stamps. I know Canada to US is about twice the "normal" cost for within Canada.

I'm sure you can find the info online, actually -- let's see... apparently, International First-Class mail, simple letter envelope, USPS to Canada, $1. http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices....54&m=1&p=0&o=2

Anyway, we don't mind waiting. We only got 2 envelopes before Valentine's Day, we've got 3 more since then (yesterday and today). Spreading it out after Valentine's Day is actually turning out kind of nice... for everyone else, the holiday is OVER, but for us, it just keeps on coming and coming and coming, a little bit at a time.

Have our cards sent to the US started to arrive yet? Just curious how long they're taking.

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#134 of 134 Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl73 View Post
Have our cards sent to the US started to arrive yet? Just curious how long they're taking.
yes, we received your cards today! thank you! my kids loved it!! to mail our card to canada was the same amount of postage as in the US. i hope you received our cards in time. it was from grace and daniel. if not, it should be there soon. we sent it last monday.

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page