Curious: What time do you wake up? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 01-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are all up by 5:30-5:45. I would love to sleep until 7:00 though. Both kids are early risers. They like to see Daddy before he leaves for work...about 5:50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM

Dh leaves the house by 7am and the kids used to wake when he was in the shower. Now we've been getting up between 8am-9am. Earlier on activity days. Well, ds still wakes up earlier than me and dd but plays LEGO in his room til we get up.

I feel kind of blah about it but it is winter and we naturally wake up earlier when the days are brighter. We kind of lag in motivation this time of year anyway so why make ourselves feel worse?

This is fairly new for us. The dks are 7 and 4 and were notoriously early risers. Finally I get a little extra sleep. It was the joke of the neighbourhood that we were the only ones that didn't have to get up for school and yet my two were up, dressed and fed before 7am.
#33 of 38 Old 01-13-2010, 03:34 PM

we get up between 7-8 and the kids and I are dressed, fed, and ready to start schoolwork by 8-9 my kids attention is best in the early hours

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#34 of 38 Old 01-14-2010, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me 5:30 to try and beat the kids out of bed. Kids normally between 6 & 6:30. Hubby leaves for work at 6:45 so everyone wants to see him before he leaves.

Librarian & mommy to my jog.gif(2002) & jammin.gif (2005) married to superhero.gifsince 1999
#35 of 38 Old 01-14-2010, 02:49 AM

It's rare that anyone in the house wakes up before 7am. I think that 8:30 is more the norm... Although, we occasionally have later days too.

I'm me. In love with this guy. We're bringing up two girls: Big A (8) and Little A (3)

#36 of 38 Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 AM

Feels good to know I am not alone on MDC regards to wake-up time. I'll always be a night owl. In college, I scheduled my classes to start no earlier than noon.

Homeschooling has helped me get up earlier, otherwise I used to sleep in until after 10am.

- Angela
mama homeschooling Satori, dd6 in the beautiful CO Rockies
#37 of 38 Old 01-14-2010, 04:58 AM

Wow, I can't believe how many people wake up around 6 naturally!

I am not a morning person. My dp wakes at 6:15 and I wake up a little with him but usually try to go back to sleep. I've also had some insomnia rearing up lately, and I have a hard time getting to sleep when I'd like to do so (around 10 but usually up til 1ish or even later, I know, bad!), so I don't feel bad about getting every wink that I can in. I'm growing a human, now, and I need my baby sleep.

Anyways, M-F our roommate gets up around 8 and that usually wakes up my dd (who otherwise will sleep in til closer to 9 which I LOVE), and then she comes down to use the bathroom, and I'm awake after that, stay in bed snoozing or cuddling up til 9 sometimes. Somehow she has hardwired herself to wake up at the crack of dawn on Saturdays to take maximum advantage of Sat AM cartoons, to my chagrin. So those days she'll creep down really early and turn the tube on very quietly and sit there and screen out til me and dp get up---which I really dislike, ugh. She is very addictive about it, and then cranky for the rest of the day, sorry OT.

We eat brek immediately after getting out of bed, so I don't feel bad about that either. On weekends, my dp will languish in bed (which means we all do, too, for team family cuddle factor), and sometimes we'll stay in bed til we're all low on blood sugar and cranky, and that's bad for everyone. So I try and be aware of that and be the first one up on weekends---still not unusual for us all to stay in bed til 10.

I guess . . . if there's no reason to wear day clothes, then why stress staying in pajamas? DD usually wears yoga pants and a tank to bed instead of "pajamas", though. But really, I don't care if she wants to wear her pjs for days. Wear em to the store if you want to. I'm really glad that she's not in school and we don't have that pressure of being fed, showered, dressed to a T, and ready to roll before 8am. That was horrible last year! My family has a really hard time getting out of the house before 10.

Happy and in love with my family!
#38 of 38 Old 01-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Its usually around 6am.

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page