Pre-homeschool winter chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Made the butter this morning - quite fun and tasty! I still have a few more farm books to introduce next week...

This afternoon, we went here to ride big model trains DD loved it! She had some gift money from my parents that we spent to get her a 5-6" steam engine and "The Little Engine That Could" in the gift shop - she's been really into trains lately, so this felt like a great purchase and way to cap off the whole experience!

It's so fun to see a little one's joy...

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua View Post
I hI'll probably change my mind next week, but it's fun to just plan (I'm very weird like that).
I'm totally with you about planning ahead! I'd like to keep math informal ("living" and a little lit-based) for a while and not rush it, but I'm not sure how long. I have a book called "Dr. Wright's Kitchen Table Math Book" with lots of simple game ideas for different stages of development, some already useful. I know DD won't be anywhere near ready for writing for a long time - her grip is relatively weak, even for her age - but I already really want the StartWrite software when she gets there, to create our own custom practice opportunities - favorite words, verses, poems, notes to mail, DD-narrated stories to illustrate, etc. But where I get out-of-control-excited is the books - I love sharing good books with DD, so whenever we finish PWB's suggestions, I think I'll try a little FIAR to hold us over until she's at least 6yo, when we can start what I'm REALLY excited about - Ambleside, "living books," and CM!

But yeah, all this could change next year or next week

Old 02-21-2010, 01:24 AM

Tooka few weeks off from peak with books, will be starting it again on monday. Ds has been flying through HOP learn to count and has some review pages left to do and then i will be starting him on the HOP math-kindergarten workbook. The beginning reading has been harder to get through, the first workbook is not as advanced as i'd like, just pretty much coloring uppercase letters and occasional games, but ds does like the computer games that go with each lesson, so i let him do 4 letters in one day last week and spent the next day doing the review lessons, will probably do that again next week too. We went to the library to get some of the peak with books, books, and they had a cool activity, "read to a dog" a local group brings in reading thearpy dogs for kids to read to, and ds did that, he told me he had so much fun. I didn't want to push him to do it as he is kind of scared of dogs, but he insisted, this was a big mellow golden retriever and later on the man with a smaller dog, beagle i think, came and asked ds if he wanted to pet the dog and ds said no, he only likes big dogs, ahem. The beagle was well behaved, but ds doesn't like smaller dogs because family members have some that get kind of hyper and try to jump on him and that's where his fear comes from. But he did good with reading to the big dog at least!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 02-22-2010, 01:07 PM

This week, we are going to finish our Peter Rabbit lap book! Phew!

Last week, we've been doing a bunch of crafts and I found the Dollar Tree has a BUNCH of foam stuff for projects. So we raided the Dollar Tree! I also got some little workbooks for my small girl to scribble in. I also bought my big girl a Word Problem workbook that she enjoys. It's actually an Evan Moor book that they sell for about $4 online! We got it for $1!!

We also went to the library last Friday and took out 19 books. Today, we may take back the 9 we read already to get some new ones. We read a Berenstain Bears chapter book and started a Junie B. chapter book last night.

I'm thinking about getting a Sonlight Science package to carry us to the fall. My big girl loves science and I like the direction of a package! LOL! (yes, I need my hand held!).
Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM

Big Brother has been having nightmares again -- again --

so i went though last night after bedtime and pulled a bunch of our books abotu bedtime, and dreams and so on ... and made a stack for our reading this week. We take turns picking a book -- so i will be picking one from THAT pile for each of my picks.

We are snowed in AGAIN -- i want to go to the lib.

I am lacking direction in what to do ....

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 02-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We've been sick for the last two weeks but seem to be on the mend. My hope this week is to get back into our rhythm. Our lives really suffer when we're out of our rhythm. This week my plan is to plant our shamrock seeds and order some new books from the library. Dd is still figuring out multiplication on her own (she figured out that 6 is 3 sets of 2, and 4 is 2 sets of 2). She's also figuring out phonics on her own, so I think I may buy the book LMNOP this week. I'm currently crafting a Peter Rabbit playmat for spring, and I really need to get on the ball about this--so far all I have is a few clover made. I also need to go ahead and buy the spring e-book from Seasons of Joy and start on that. I'm feeling so behind at the moment and overwhelmed from being sick. I can't wait until spring--we are surrounded by icicles and snow.

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
you are an amazing momma

1. my children do not know glitter exisits at all much less that they might be able to touch it. And they won't. there is still glitter in my folks house from when i was little -- not happneing here.

2. we do not independant creating like "creating dips" I think i would stroke out. GThey do art and cook -- but with my egal eye on them and NO expereimenting. LOL

3. I do not walk away from art at all -- ever -- LOL

Gee I was all proud of letting them paint twice this week. LOL

tomorrow i am going to tape a big peice of paper to the basement (not yet finished) floor and let them hand paint on it ..... then when it is dry we will use it to cover out glass storm door -- I am pretty proud of myself -- being ok with messy is new for me.
Whilst I'm quite "easy-going" about most things. We have a similar stance on glitter/art. DD knows dry glitter exists because she's used it elsewhere but I don't think she knows we could buy it to use at home. At home she only has access to glitter in the form of "glitter paint" which is actually suspended in water soluble glue. I don't stay in the same room & I don't have rules about what she can & can't do BUT painting only happens outside or in the dining room (painted concrete floor, so easy to clean up)

I missed the start of the new thread so I'm just catching up...

grateful Mama to DD May '06 and DS May '09
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

We are here still. Totally ready for spring!!!!

Lil boy spent most of the morning playing with legos, after lunch we spent a few hours at the park, and now he is at karate with daddy. Tomorrow I will fill his boxes for the first time in at least a week. He was soooooo mad when he woke up this morning to empty boxes. Opppppss
Old 02-22-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post
However, one of the reasons I started documenting what we do (by taking pictures and keeping a family blog) is that I realized we do actually do a TON of learning each day. What felt like "nothing" actually turned out to be quite a bit once I started looking at it and writing it all down.
The same reason I started a blog for DD when she was one - I wanted to practise notating "natural learning". Should post today actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjej View Post
I generally don't tell my kids about stuff until shortly beforehand. I wait until things are re-confirmed with whoever, and then tell them. It really cuts back on the disappointment.
We moved a year ago & we had a few friends in the area already but didn't know them that well. I learnt the hard way not to tell DD we'd made plans with one of the families until an hour before seriously they are lovely but that unreliable.

What does LMNOP stand for?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 PM

LMNOP book

http://www.amazon.com/All-Letters-Ho.../dp/0964484609

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05
Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua View Post
Thank you

Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 PM

i started a blog, and while it has a long waaaay to go before it is what i want

i am really feeling the accountablity -- i have to make sure i think about what we are doing so i can blog it -- it is not so much changing our lives as making me more intentional about our lives. I need this.

Big brother has an IEP meeting in march.

he did not meet his speech goals for this last year.

he also now is qual for literacy (IDed only 13 of 26 letters) and OT (fine motor control and strenght) and Miss Michelle who has known him since he was 20 months -- and thus has a good idea when he can do something and is just not doing it, vs when he doesn't understadn vs when he understands but can't do it --- felt he was having touble understanding and follwoing directions even when he clearly wanted to.

so the IEP will be growing.

We are again, still, refuseing to enroll him in the distract pre-school and so he will have ST (we hope MORE time) and also other one on one -- maybe OT.

But all of that is making me more intentional about what i choose to do at home, and maaaaybe push just a little ....

We also have 2 private assessments coing up -- speech and OT (both for skill / strenght but aslo or sensory)

I am looking for more fun fine motor stuff to do and looking for fun creative ways to "push" the alphabet and also recongization of numberals (written).

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 02-23-2010, 01:16 PM

yesterday was a pretty productive day for us, we did the first two days of activities for PWB, went over rhyming and ds worked on the hop computer games for rhyming, we also played some card games. Reviewed numbers 1-20 and went over the last couple pages of hop learn to count. Ds is helping me sprout some lentils to put in salads. We made homemade pizza from scratch for dinner last night together. Ds helped me reorganize his toys into the proper toy bins. We wen't through the seed catalog and looked at some of them and started to plan our garden for the spring. I hope to get some seeds in a couple weeks so we can start seedlings in doors, we are excited to do the veggie garden again this year, and that is a bulk of our hands on science for the warm months.

Dh is looking more positively toward homeschooling these days. I had stated in the old thread that he is still on the fence, but since having a fun geography quiz with some teenage relatives he came home from a bday party convinced we Must homeschool for the sake of ds's education, these relatives go to the top school in the state, so the quality education is not a factor. I am glad dh is coming around as it makes me feel more reassured in knowing where this pre-homeschooling is heading.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyBabyBird View Post

Dh is looking more positively toward homeschooling these days. I had stated in the old thread that he is still on the fence, but since having a fun geography quiz with some teenage relatives he came home from a bday party convinced we Must homeschool for the sake of ds's education, these relatives go to the top school in the state, so the quality education is not a factor. I am glad dh is coming around as it makes me feel more reassured in knowing where this pre-homeschooling is heading.

I know a reality check with current school kids helps my Dh along too

Old 02-23-2010, 02:43 PM

A productive day yesterday here too!! I felt like a whirl wind trying to keep up with my big girl!! Even my small girl had two projects of her own going!! Read alouds, projects, lap book activities (only planned thing), German DVD, three different CDROM "subjects", card games, etc. I was sooo tired by 2pm and my thumb was worn from turning pages of books!

This is good cause I'm pretty sure (when the time comes), I have to report hours as well. Soooo, we had plenty of hours packed yesterday. Today is a bit more quite. We do have a science experiment going on (it's an all day event) - sunset in a test tube. We also looked at pics online of sunsets.

I'm am pretty set on Sonlight K Science right now. It has books, activities, worksheets and experiments all in one package. Exactly what I am looking for - all done and laid out for me. Especially since it's TOO cold to go outside!!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:03 PM

Yesterday we did a science experiment it was part of the OLM too Science Fair There are a lot of other great experiment for little kids there.

Mama, writer, partner, wanderer. Living life with my ds (7/06), married to my best friend and nemesis .
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Aimee, one fun thing we used to do is letter treasure hunts. Cut out 26 pieces of "gold" from yellow construction paper. Write a letter on each piece. I think I wrote the caps and small letters....I would at least write the small letter. I started out hiding only like 1/3 of the alphabet. If he only knows a few letters I would pick like 7-10 letters, making 1/2 letters he knows. I would hide them all around the room, then have the kids find them. As they found them, I would ask them what letter they found (if they didn't know it right away I would tell them, this was fun not a test KWIM?) then we would match the letters to ones I had written on a piece of poster board. Once they knew all those letters we did the other half/third of the alphabet. In the end we would hide all 26 letters. They LOVED this game, actually they still ask to play . It works on a lot of different skills, and involves moving. What could be better for an active preschooler? My kids have similar age gap to yours and both played this at the same time and enjoyed it.

oh, and why is there no link to your blog?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:58 PM

Hello ladies. I posted on the last thread at least once but missed when this one started. I'd like to subscribe at least to get ideas, inspiration, and just see what you all are up to.

I'm not sure if we'll be homeschooling when it comes time, but I would like to. I won't be sending DS to preschool though.

DS is 2.5, so obviously pretty young for this thread, and we are not really doing much formal at this time. I'm attracted to the idea of unschooling but I do need a little structure in my life just for the sake of my sanity so I don't think we will be doing pure unschooling.

I do need to make a big list of activity ideas or something for when we get bored...this thread is perfect for that! We do classes every now and then through the city - we did a swimming class recently and we have a music class and gymnastics coming up. Those are mostly just for fun and getting out of the house and seeing other people. We go out and about too - library, etc. We "volunteer" at our church library once a week checking books in and out and reshelving which DS likes but we can't really get much actual work done.

Our only structure right now besides those things we have scheduled is we try to do the following every day:

*get outside at least a little
*do something crafty/sensory (usually playdough or painting, and we listen to classical music while we do this)
*make sure he gets some active play time (he has been loving red light green light and hide and seek lately)
*I am working on Spanish Rosetta stone, and I do it when DS is around so that he gets at least some exposure to the language. He likes to "help" me. We also have found some Spanish picture books at the library.
*and most days music (we have a piano, guitar, harmonica, recorder, flute, and some kid percussion instruments, and DS plays or I play or we both play).
*Oh, and reading. We read books for hours every day typically. I think DS would do that all day every day if I could handle it.

Wow that sounds like a lot. And yet it seems to me like we do nothing and he is driving me crazy because he is bored. Maybe I need to have more of a rhythm to our day? Those of you who mentioned rhythm...can you elaborate?

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer75 View Post
Please oh please tell me I'm not alone in the nothing formal category.

I'm just 'joining' this thread because my 3.5yo is acting interested in having 'something' to do (instead of just run around being a terror ) while his brothers are doing 'schoolwork'. For the longest time he would climb ON the table, or otherwise disrupt anything they were doing, but would run away being grumpy if I offered him something to do as well. But yesterday they were working on math, and he hopped up in a chair and wanted to do "25's" (what he calls brothers' math ) so I gave him a few MUS blocks to stack and such and he was happy. Before this he'd have just chucked 'em across the room Then he did some crayon drawing while they did handwriting.. and discovered the magic that is using a white crayon on black construction paper

I don't think I'll be doing *anything* formal with him for a long time though, he's allegedly 'prep' (kindergarten) age NEXT January! Which is just far too young imo, barely 4.5, but I will probably do him little activity boxes so he feels included and has constructive things to do

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
i started a blog, and while it has a long waaaay to go before it is what i want
Linky?!! (you know I love me some homeschool blogs...my blog sidebar is chock full of them, ROFL)

Gabriele familybed1.gif DS (11/05) - homeschool.gif computergeek2.gif
...it is nothing like school, and we are never at home...so why is it called homeschooling?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 AM

Today was a good day for us. Dd was feeling a lot better so she was finally wanting to do some creative play for the first time in a week. We have been reading as one of our books, "Make Way for Ducklings," and so we pretended we were at a park feeding the ducks, which then evolved to us playing at the park, and then fishing at the park. This afternoon was my cleaning day so while I was cleaning dd discovered that she is now able to climb to the top of our refrigerator. I guess I should be thankful she isn't trying to leap off of it yet. Honestly, she jumps from all of our furniture, and I'm not talking tiny jumps but 6-foot leaps. At least I know how to handle a broken foot (from past leaping experience at age 2) but hopefully she knows her own boundaries well enough now to do it safely now. Tonight we planted our shamrock seeds, and I'm just hoping they sprout with no sunshine. Dd is still very much into our Winnie the Pooh collection (which also includes A.A. Milne's poetry). She's always making up songs and poems like Pooh, she says, and has a real feel for meter and rhyme. Last night I ordered LMNOP and 3 Elsa Beskow spring books, as well as the Follow Me CD for dd's Easter gift. I'm finding age 4 to be rather dramatic and heaven forbid I actually tell her something she already knows. And dd is getting more adventurous in the kitchen and is wanting us to actually EAT her concoctions. I haven't figured a way around this one other than distraction . . .

And yes, Aimee, please post your blog! I'm always a sucker for hs-ing blogs. I have hopes of eventually starting one for us but I just never seem to have time. For now, I'll just drool over everyone else's!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov05mama View Post
Linky?!! (you know I love me some homeschool blogs...my blog sidebar is chock full of them, ROFL)
http://scribinglife.wordpress.com

I just started it. I have some features i am pretty excited about -- but it is not very full or fluffy yet.

I am learning as i go. i want to make a side bar of blogs i like. i don't know how yet.

i can make a PAGE of them, but i really wanted a side bar -- we will see.

comments encouraged -- all the time

Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM

Cool blog, Aimee!

Hi, BarefootScientist. Our little ones are of similar age! For me, the daily rhythm usually means:

* Early Morning Routine - breakfast, free play, basic daily chores (she's welcome to help), cuddling for stories and songs, maybe a game or two, then more free play or sometimes a little PBSkids
* Morning Activity - we have a 2.5 hr babysitting swap 3x/wk, a play date with a friend 1x/wk, one morning to just hang at the park together or go to the children's museum... I really need somewhere to go/something to do for 2-3hrs each morning so the day doesn't stretch on forever!
* Lunch & Nap/Quiet Time
* Afternoon - Very variable, normally just a few hours until DH gets home. More free play while I do chores, a little outside play, working with art supplies, books, games... DH usually either takes her for a run, finishing at the park to play, does an errand or chore with her, or just takes her to outside to play.
* Dinner & Bedtime Routine

We're having a very mellow week so far... She seems extra tired, perhaps having a growth spurt? Anyway, we're finishing up a couple of farm books, but really that feels mostly "over" b/c the train stuff was so exciting for DD during the weekend. Besides enjoying "The Little Engine that Could" (don't you love it when they love books you once loved?!?) DD has gotten into building from blocks "a roundhouse" for the little engine we got her to sleep in. DH or I end up doing a lot of the construction, but it's still the first time DD has gotten really excited about the constructive possibilities of blocks

The other fun new game we broke out from the stash of Christmas gifts she received was Hullabaloo. What fun! She gets too excited to follow the directions most of the time, but it's still very fun And one morning we played with sorting the little pads into categories and looking at the patterns - divide by colors, see how there's one every shape, etc.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Another rainy blah week! We are really getting a case of the February blahs. I need spring!!!!!!

J did HOP, he is a little more then half way through and doing really well! He played some of the HOP cd rom, and starfall.com. He also played this save the whale game online( building bonds of 10). He worked on a project from his highlights magazine. It was drawing, then cutting out triangles, for a collage. He did really well with it. I just gave him the supplies and the magazine in one of his boxes, and let him go to town.
He had a lot of fun this morning with perfection, he still can't quite beat the timer. He also did some ETC primers. I wasn't kind of suprised to see him doing this book, he hasn't picked it up in at least a month. He did an awesome job making P's. He was very proud. We spent hte afternoon at a local kids museum.
Both kids are trying their best to drive me to insane with all their fighting and whining. I think it is working. WHERE IS SPRING!!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:02 AM

We're waiting for spring here too--2 more feet of snow expected this weekend, I've heard. Ugh.

This morning after breakfast dd wanted to work on the book project she came up with yesterday during our painting time. We got the paintings she wanted to use as the covers of her books, and she wrote and illustrated 2 stories, including one in which she wrote every letter in the alphabet for the first time. I was impressed that she did so well. She's going through a perfectionist phase though where she compares her abilities to ours and that's tough. I keep trying to emphasis effort and practice but it still makes her feel weird, I think. She's also going through this weird 4-yo contrary phase and knowing everything phase: "Mommy, no you didn't think that! And I already knew that anyway!" It's wearing on me quite a bit. This afternoon dd played while I made homemade pizza for dinner (though she did help some) and tonight she and dh played a board game (and I'm so glad because I personally hate board games). I'm still in the middle of my spring felt play mat (inspired by Peter Rabbit) and I need to get on the ball about spring songs/fingerplays and books.

As for the mama who asked about rhythm: It's just an awareness of energy level--like an active activity followed by a passive or relaxed one. My dd is most active after breakfast, for instance, so we try and do active play then, followed by lunch, then chores/showers, snack, play/dinner prep, dinner, play, bedtime routine, bed.

Any one have any good suggestions for non-Toys R Us kind of preschooler board games? I don't really like "educational" games so much as just fun games that happen to utilize preschooler skill sets, if that makes sense. Dd already knows all her letters, shapes, colors, etc. so I want something above that level while still being below a "I can read and strategize" level. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:29 AM

I can't wait for Spring. We had a sick week and I can't wait for warmer weather. Do any of you use a desk ? I have been looking at preschool writing desks. Right now my kids do work at the kitchen table and still sit in a booster. I thought it might help with handwriting if they had desks their size and have chairs where their feet touch the floor. I also have a small with table that they have always used for tea parties that I could try. I like the looks of the traditional school desks. I like the desks on childrensdesks.com for preschoolers.
Philia
Old 02-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Where can I get BFIAR or FIAR (manual only, not including books) for less than the list price of $25? I've been trolling the local used book shop, but no luck. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheap place to buy used hsing books? I don't belong to any hsing boards but I know there are tons out there - suggestions?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
Old 02-27-2010, 02:16 PM

You've all inspired me! I've started a blog for our family and plan to talk a lot about our learning adventures! I've tried to blog before, and gotten lost in perfectionism... This time I'm blogging about the process of building the blog as I do it!

Old 02-28-2010, 03:43 AM

My computer is on the fritz and I'm just getting back to this thread.

I wrote the "nothing formal" comment on a string of sunny days. It's pretty much spring here. Oh how short my memory is. I guess it should read - nothing formal on sunny days when we go outside. Try my hardest to keep my sanity and my 3 y.o. and 4 y.o. occupied on rainy days. btw, if I ever say DS is 2 please excuse me. I keep saying two, he keeps saying two, but he really is 3.

Barefoot scientist - Even if you aren't "waldorf" if you seek rhythm Waldorf is a place to start looking.

Oak Meadow has a mention of a daily structure in their preschool sample
http://www.oakmeadow.com/curriculum/overviews/Pov.pdf

We have our morning routine (snuggling upon wake up, breakfast, cleaning the kitchen, hygiene and dressing)
Morning stuff (free play, snuggling and reading, craft table time)
Snack
Outside time or if rainy an activity like baking or cleaning.
Lunch
Outside play time or free play or more books
Quiet time and DS nap
Dinner prep (kidlets at craft table doing free craft), dinner, and their papa comes home.
Papa time usually being crazy banchees
Bedtime routine, story time, sleep

If I truly have my you know what together then a rainy day would be circle time with a movement activity followed by snuggles and books then snack and craft. But it really depends.

My craft table is always set up and they can spend as much or as little time there. I have markers, crayons, scissors, various paper, coloring books (really old ones I had in college), clay, lacing supplies, and beading supplies. DS can entertain himself for hours at this table. DD is my "spirited" child and needs to move from activity to activity faster. However, DS isn't into books and DD can sit in my lap for hours on end and read. Go figure.

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif
Old 02-28-2010, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Allison, J likes checkers, mancala, candyland, memory, zingo, Trouble, and card games. Go fish and war are easy card games for little ones. If you check out amazon there are TONS of neat games. I actually have a whole cart full right now, I want to order.

User Tag List