REAL Science Odyssey- looseleaf or bound? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-10-2010, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
REAL Science Odyssey- looseleaf or bound? Which do you prefer and what the is the advantage? Thanks.

blogging.jpg

#2 of 5 Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM

I have the looseleaf version and I love it for the ease of copying the lab pages. If I had a bound version I wouldn't get the nice clean copies that I get. And it comes hole-punched, so all I gad to do was pop it into a 3-ring binder.

ETA ~ I have no idea what the resale value is with a looseleaf copy, though. I go into all of my homeschooling purchases with the idea that I will not make any money selling them when I am done with them. If it's not worth the money to me with a zero resale value, then it's not worth owning.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#3 of 5 Old 03-10-2010, 12:57 PM

DD and DH wanted the bound one, and the pages are all perforated and easy to tear out.

Holli
#4 of 5 Old 03-10-2010, 01:24 PM

I personally prefer the PDF files. If I want, I can print out loose-leaf, and put them in a binder or comb-type book.

But mostly, I can print out as many copies of a page as needed, for future children or if we need to re-do a page.

I also like things instantly. I can save a PDF to my Google documents, and then access them wherever I am, whether that be on vacation or simply on a different computer.

- Angela
mama homeschooling Satori, dd6 in the beautiful CO Rockies
#5 of 5 Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Location: In the Central Valley, dreaming of my home by the bay..
I have the bound, and am thinking I might have liked the looseleaf better, I hate to tear out the pages

SpiralScoutin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Michael, Citizen of Portlandia, age 21, Danielle, Artist in Residence, Age 9 & Jack-Jack, Minecraft Maniac, Age 6

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page