Tell Me about Homeschooling in E. Tennessee? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, we are relocating to E. Tennessee, probably somewhere near the Tri-Cities or maybe near Chattanooga. We're going down to try to hone in our search a little next week. Does E. Tennessee have an active homeschooling community? How easy is it to homeschool in Tennessee?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 PM

I don't have any homeschooling info for you. We moved away from TN when our oldest child was only 1...

BUT....

I just had to say, we loved living there. We lived in both Kingsport and Johnson City and loved the area. We only moved away because dh got a job offer that we couldn't turn down.

Best wishes on your move.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 04-20-2010, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for sharing your love of the region. I haven't spent much time there, but expect our trip (and experiences similiar to you) to affirm that moving to E. Tennessee will be wonderful for us.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Cat View Post
Hi, we are relocating to E. Tennessee, probably somewhere near the Tri-Cities or maybe near Chattanooga. We're going down to try to hone in our search a little next week. Does E. Tennessee have an active homeschooling community? How easy is it to homeschool in Tennessee?

Thank you!
Hi Purple Cat.

I am new to homeschooling and will officially be starting in the fall. I live in the Sevierville area of East Tennessee. From everything that I have found it looks like TN is a pretty easy state to homeschool in.

Here is a link to a page that has links to a lot of homeschool groups in the TN area: http://www.homeschoolclassifieds.com...ennessee&st=TN

And this page has laws about homeschooling in TN: http://www.tnhea.org/TN-Home-School-Law.html

Hope this helps. I have a ton more links too, but thought this was a good place to start.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM

nak
I'm in the tri-cities and though my oldest is not quite two, i get the impression that the homeschooling community around here is a pretty decent size and from what i understand, state regulations are not that tight. My mw and a few of her clients that I know homeschool, I'll come back later and post a few of the links that they've sent me.

The tricities are a nice place to live though

student momma to two great girls

User Tag List