Has anyone used time4writing.com? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Has anyone used it? What did you think about it? Was it worth it?

Seriously?
#2 of 16 Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering the same thing about Time4Learning.com. I wonder if they're the same company?

I just checked: they both have the same contact info:

6300 NE 1st Ave Suite 203,
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
954-771-0914
#3 of 16 Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliyah View Post
I was wondering the same thing about Time4Learning.com. I wonder if they're the same company?

I just checked: they both have the same contact info:

6300 NE 1st Ave Suite 203,
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
954-771-0914

Yes there the same company, lots of people love T4L but never heard feedback on T4W.

Seriously?
#4 of 16 Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
Yes there the same company, lots of people love T4L but never heard feedback on T4W.
Thanks!
#5 of 16 Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 PM

Hi, I was just told that this discussion was going on so, if it's OK, I thought I'd stop by and answer any questions (I'm the founder).

T4L - properly known as Time4Learning.com - is an online interactive learning service which has an automated animated curriculum primarily for language arts and math for PreK-8th grade. It's used for summer study, after school, and homeschooling. It's totally automated.

We got many requests from parents for more help in teaching writing so we created a sister site, Time4Writing.com which has eight week writing tutorials for students where they have both automated lessons and a writing assignment (which they get feedback on) each week. We have courses for K-12 here. While newer (only 2.5 years old), we're in the thousands of students.

We thought having the similar names would be a good idea but it seems to have created some confusion. Maybe it's time4a-new-name.com?

Does that help?

PS - I was just forwarded this chain but that realized, after having responded, that the dates on it are old. sorry.
#6 of 16 Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM

Thanks for your input

I think the names are fine. I think we were just looking for parents who've used them to see what they liked or disliked about each of them. Since I am starting my son in K, I am thinking of using T4L. And the original poster was wondering about T4W...I just didn't realize they were the same company until a bit later.
#7 of 16 Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM

Just saw this thread and thought I would pipe in...

My son just finished up his second course with Time4Writing. The first time, he took Middle School Mechanics and this time he tried out Middle School Essay.

The biggest PLUS of Time4Writing seems to be the fact that the students are getting constant feedback on their writing! We homeschool, so my son was very happy to get feedback from someone OTHER than mom on his writing. I was very pleased with his progress...especially with the mechanics course. It made a tremendous difference in his day to day writing.

Some of the work, particularly in the essay course, was a little bit challenging for my son, but I think it pushed him to achieve what he probably didn't even realize he had the capacity for. Overall, I've been very pleased with the program.

TSMama24
#8 of 16 Old 06-19-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you TSMama24 Anyone else have any feedback on T4W? I tried doing there little demo but it didn't really give me any answers as to what an actual lesson looked like for grammar. I would like to see an entire lesson from start to finish to get an idea if its a good fit or not before I pay for it. I know they have the whole refund thing but I'd rather not have to put out the money to begin with if it won't work for us you know? I didn't really care for T4L and felt it was a waste of money both times I tried it even though I know many people love the program.

Seriously?
#9 of 16 Old 06-19-2010, 09:02 PM

You can go to the Parent Forums and ask questions about Time4Writing or Time4Learning. The link for the Time4Writing forum is:

http://time4learning.net/forum/time4...ons-questions/

We have not used Time4Writing yet. We have been using Time4Learning since my son was in preK. He is almost finished with 2nd grade T4L. He loves it. There are days when I have to force him to turn it off. I like the way you can print out reports anytime you need them. You can use them to prepare your quarterly reports or end of the year reports or, in our case, to show a worried Dad that he is really learning by "playing on the computer." There is a section on the forums for people who are thinking about using the program and have questions.

Kathi

:::Mom to 5 adult children and 8 year old, Dakota "Why do they call it homeschool, we're never at home?"
#10 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM

Is Time4Writing a separate program, or part of T4L?
#11 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebethmom View Post
Is Time4Writing a separate program, or part of T4L?
As mentioned several times above, same company, different product.

Seriously?
#12 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 PM

It is offered in short sections. I think usually about 8 weeks on a specific topic. It is an additional fee to T4L. You can also buy it without doing T4L.

Kathi

:::Mom to 5 adult children and 8 year old, Dakota "Why do they call it homeschool, we're never at home?"
#13 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota's Mom View Post
It is offered in short sections. I think usually about 8 weeks on a specific topic. It is an additional fee to T4L. You can also buy it without doing T4L.

Kathi
Thanks for your help, Kathi! That's the information I was looking for.
#14 of 16 Old 07-29-2011, 10:15 AM

i have used t4w and i liked it a lot you can choose from many different courses and if your child want they can go faster than 8 weeks but they cant go slower. you get teacher feedback and they send the parents information. it is defintly worth it

#15 of 16 Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM

We used it last year for the Middle School Mechanics and 3rd grade levels. The boys learned a lot and a bonus for me was that I didn't have to grade it. Mostly because I think that writing is a hard subject for me personally;) I think that is worth the money, but just my opinionjoy.gif

#16 of 16 Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We are currently trying out Time for Writing. We have tried Time4Learning as well. I like Time for Learning except that I feel that the schedule for it is dragged on. The course ran on for 8 weeks but should really just ran for just 4 weeks. After reading the lessons the test was scheduled for the next day, then there's a wait for 24 hours for the teacher to grade it. Of course you could actually speed it up and do the test right after reading the lesson and you would be able to complete the course in 4 weeks but you would still have to pay 99 dollars for per course.

My son does the readings and test and it takes him about 15 to 20 minutes per day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page