Pre-Homeschool Summer Chat - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 132 Old 08-28-2010, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My four-year-old LOVES the preschool lapbooks from A Journey Through Learning. He keeps begging me to work on his lapbook!

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 132 Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 PM

My big girl's latest obsession are The Magic School Bus books. The chapter books, picture books, any of the books. I put 9 of them on hold at the library today!

We are also starting K on Monday! Where on earth did August go??
#123 of 132 Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 AM

chelsmm I love that book idea -- might have to try that.

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#124 of 132 Old 08-29-2010, 03:20 PM

NAK

OOOOOoooooo! I love the book idea, too! I had been thinking of tacking poster boards to the walls -- one each for mannels, birds, reptiles, amphibians, etc. And then post pics and label each animal on the board. But how much more fun to make little books and post those! Or maybe tape them to file folders. Then when they got full we could divide them into orders... Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

I have a question for you mamas. I recently accepted a third part-time job teaching a college class. The time teaching is not much, but the time preparing for classes is enormous, especially this first semester. I no longer feel like I have time to educate my kids. Now, they're home with me or Papa most of the time & at our house with a neighbor who used to run a daycare the rest of the time, but I still feel worried & guilty.

I talked about this with my DH last night, & he seems willing to take more responsibility for their education, but the thought of not being able to do it myself hurts!

I'm hoping to have more time once I get into the swing of things. I'm also trying to create a schedule so I can get all my school work done and still feel free to spend meaningful time with my kiddos. And next semester I'll have been through all the material once, although I'll be FT at my main p/t job....

Reassurances, please????

Learning & growing & changing everyday!
#125 of 132 Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM

Today is the first day of school for the local school distract so theres tons of buses, kids with backpacks etc running around. Im very grateful that Im not sending my girls to regular school right now since their is a typhoon getting ready to hit the island. I couldn't imagine having my girls at school with it about to hit and having to drive to get them. The wind and rain is really hard to drive through when the weather gets bad.

Anyone have some good suggestions for baby related books? My oldest is obsessed with babies right now so Id love to find some basic books that I won't blush if I read it to them and I won't end up having to have the whole birds and the bees conversation with a 3 year old.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#126 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM

I'm new to this thread and haven't read all 7 pages of it But wanted to chime in and say that we are starting Calvert Pre-K next week. I'm so excited!!

Now I'm off to peruse this thread and find great ideas from all you experienced mamas.
#127 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 04:26 PM

http://scribinglife.wordpress.com/20...d-unit-part-1/

my new blog post about the first REAL unit I am creating for the boys -- well actually for DS1 -- turning 5 in Nov.

I am pretty excited about it.

(more to follow when i get it "planned")

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#128 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Today is the first day of school for the local school distract so theres tons of buses, kids with backpacks etc running around. Im very grateful that Im not sending my girls to regular school right now since their is a typhoon getting ready to hit the island. I couldn't imagine having my girls at school with it about to hit and having to drive to get them. The wind and rain is really hard to drive through when the weather gets bad.

Anyone have some good suggestions for baby related books? My oldest is obsessed with babies right now so Id love to find some basic books that I won't blush if I read it to them and I won't end up having to have the whole birds and the bees conversation with a 3 year old.
i do not have these books yet -- but they are my 'wist / to buy / to use" list

the story of me (book 1)

Before I vas Born

#129 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM

I'd like to join this thread...but do you think we need a new one for Fall?

My DD is three.

I've been collecting the books from Sonlight 3/4, PreK & K and we've been reading those along with our regular reading that we do daily. I've also been gathering some of the books from the WinterPromise themes because they have some lovely choices.

Has anyone used the Sonlight IG's? I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing them or just to make up my own schedule/activities with the books.

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#130 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
is there a FALL thread yet, did I miss it??

Don't leave me behind !!
I think you should just start one!!!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#131 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingGemini View Post
ok

#132 of 132 Old 09-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingGemini View Post
here

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post15801181

is the new thread --

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page